In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

colt python

2»

Comments

• Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Hard to establish value without seeing the Python in question. Condition is everything....but having said that Python values have gone nuts over the last couple of years. I would think (WAG) value is something in the $1k area, up or down depending on that "light rust" condition and the quality of the repair.
  • Options
    mr.tboltmr.tbolt Member Posts: 449
    edited November -1
    Seems to have been a little mis-communication. Someone I met is selling this pistol. I was offered this pistol, I only saw it once,and did NOT have a digital camera on me, so taking pics was not possible. I am not looking for an exact price. Just a ballpark price to get me going on possibly buying it. Thanks
  • Options
    mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my estimation a little rust, non-factory grips and 4" barrel takes this down to the $750-$800 range. It sounds like its' been a shooter and will never be a collectible. If its been shot alot (especially with magnum loads, be sure to check the cylinder timing on all chambers. Replacing factory grips, $50-$100 bucks. New hand and re-timing ???, but also not inexpensive.
  • Options
    bartman45bartman45 Member Posts: 3,008 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    On Colt's site, under "custom", there are prices for any refinishing you might be considering.