In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of 1907 Savage 32 ACP

DIESEL812DIESEL812 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 2012 in Ask the Experts
I have a Savage .32 ACP. This was handed down to me as the third generation to own this pistol. It was purchased new.
The pistol has metal grips, not the plastic grips as I have seen on most of these at gun shows etc.
This is in fairly good shape, the bluing is worn, but not completely gone or in that bad of shape. No rust, no pitting.
The serial number is 48. Can you tell me an approximate value based on this information?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be best if you could post quality photos, instructions at this link.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

That said. From your description, "metal grips", "48" serial number, probably from first week or so's production in 1908. Hard to price, something like that. Probably cause a Savage handgun collector to have kittens, i.e. first weeks? production, 104 years old etc.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a priceless family item. The blue book of gun values says metal grips to about sn no. 10,980. My book is nearly 10 years old but a 100% one then was $450. You should read up on them as some could be worth lots more.