In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sks dragunov stock...

fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
edited November 2012 in Ask the Experts
Does anybody make one that will accept the bayonet?

Comments

• Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are two companies that make "Dragunov" type synthetic stocks for the SKS, that I know of, ATI ("Fiberforce") and Choate.

The Choate ones, at least, will work just fine if you have an SKS with a SPIKE bayonet.

The ATI, I'm told, can work if you flip the SPIKE bayonet upside down so the FLAT part (not the ridge) rests up on the bottom of the stock.

If you have a Yugo or other type SKS with a BLADE bayonet. . .I think you're out of luck. You can probably get this to work if you cut a slot in the bottom of the stock. Otherwise you'll have to remove the bayonet.

I'd add, just to mention, that swapping out the stock on a Yugo SKS "might" run into BATFE 922A compliance issues. So far as I know, nobody has ever actually been criminally convicted of making this sort of modification, but there it is.

Personally, I wouldn't alter a Yugo or other C&R SKS this way. Those work great as they are. A Chinese one. . .eh. . .
  • Options
    fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    It has the spike bayonet.