In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can anyone identify this Stock???

wallyentwallyent Member Posts: 280 ✭✭
edited June 2014 in Ask the Experts
This stock has lightly written on it 1903 Springfield Army? Have searched and can find no other that looks like it. Can anyone identify this stock for sure? Thanks!

IMG_041613.JPG
IMG_041511.JPG
IMG_041715.JPG
IMG_041815.JPG
IMG_04199.JPG
IMG_042112.JPG
IMG_04229.JPG
IMG_042411.JPG

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Definitely NOT a 1903 Springfield.

One or another Mauser, sorry, I can't tell which one of the many.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Appears to be a 98 Mauser stock made after 1916, but for what country, I don't know. It does look like an Eastern European to me.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Some unknowing person incorrectly wrote Springfield on what is obviously a Mauser stock. Looks to me like a stock for a straightbolt Mauser...who knows what country but does look, at first blush, like Eastern European with the serial # location on the buttstock. Might be Czech????But who knows...but it ain't American, that is for sure!
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it's a Czech Model 24 stock. I had one years ago, with the Czech lion crest on the receiver. But it was also fitted for a side mounted sling, with the swivel just back of the wrist. Not the best place for a swivel. First time I shot it from a bench. The swivel busted my lip. Your stock isn't cut for a bolt handle, so it had a 90 degree bolt.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,811 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    I think it's a Czech Model 24 stock. I had one years ago, with the Czech lion crest on the receiver. But it was also fitted for a side mounted sling, with the swivel just back of the wrist. Not the best place for a swivel. First time I shot it from a bench. The swivel busted my lip. Your stock isn't cut for a bolt handle, so it had a 90 degree bolt.

Exactly correct. Vz 24, Czechs gave a person a choice on how to sling his rifle. There were variation as Czech exported rifles.
  • Options
    wallyentwallyent Member Posts: 280 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like you guys did it again. Thanks much!