In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trigger shoe size

notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in Ask the Experts
I want to put a trigger shoe on a .22 I have and I'm not sure which size I need. I measured the trigger's width which was .180. I see the ones listed here but the range of size they'll fit isn't listed. It's for a Westernfield labelled Mossberg bolt action number 47c. Of the one's listed, there is one sized for a Mossberg. A no. 14 fits a Mossberg 146. I'd like to hear from an expert or someone with any experience before I buy one. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've always gone to a gun smith and had him put several on to see what is the most comfortable.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Note of STRONG caution- be sure the width of the shoe does not exceed the width of the trigger guard.

Years ago I saw a Federal Agent blow the back out of a nice suit coat when replacing his revolver in a shoulder holster. Trigger shoe was snagged by edge of holster.
  • Options
    notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the response guys. One of the sellers seems to be offering a variety of sizes. I'll message him and see what he has to say. I can tell you this, .180 is a narrow trigger and makes squeezing a shot uncomfortable.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    most trigger shoe's are machined for boht width and curvature, you have to match both.