In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

U. S. Model 1917 Enfield bolt

erikpolcrackerikpolcrack Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
edited June 2014 in Ask the Experts
Just this afternoon I dug out an extra M1917 bolt I bought last year to use in a sporter I need to finish, and I noticed the grasping ball is solid. Does anyone know the story on that? Has any body ever seen one? All my 1917s, P-14s, and my Rem Mod 30 have the hollow ones. I realize this one may just have been filled in, but they sure did a great job if that is so.

Comments

• Options
    1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FWIW, I just checked; my 1918 Eddystone has the hollow bolt handle.
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every one I've ever seen was hollow as well. Possible, I guess, that someone cut the original off, and had a solid one welded on.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Modified bolt.
    Respectfully, Mike, you are mistaken.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    I just checked 4 rifles, 2 actions and a couple of spair bolts.............1 solid bolt head (on a p-14), not modified.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 35 Whelen
    Every one I've ever seen was hollow as well. Possible, I guess, that someone cut the original off, and had a solid one welded on.

Thanks! No evidence of a weld, still has dog-leg. - Erik
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MIKE WISKEY
    I just checked 4 rifles, 2 actions and a couple of spair bolts.............1 solid bolt head (on a p-14), not modified.

Thanks - Good to know there is another one - especially on a P-14 since mine's an M1917.
    -Erik