In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger 77/22 WMR Action Screws

fhudikfhudik Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
edited July 2014 in Ask the Experts
Does any know where you can buy replacement torx screws for the front and rear action screws for a Ruger 77/22 WMR.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Frank

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you try Brownells???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No! But I will give that a try.

Frank
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    To the best of my knowledge, Ruger never made a 77/22 in 22 WRF. They made them in 22 LR, 22 WMR. If that is what you are talking about, Brownell's, and Midway should be able to help you out. I would personally opt for the ones with Torx heads.

Best
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call Ruger, I bet they will help you out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WRF was a typo you are correct.
  • Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    Neither Brownells nor Midway have torq or hex head action screws for the Ruger 77/17, 77/22, 77/22 Mag or 77/22 Hornet. At one time B Square made some but the front screw was to short. Ruger will sell you factory slotted screws, no torq or hex head action screws.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Numrich does list the Ruger factory bolts, as in stock, for the 77/17. If you want the torx type, all you have to do is find the corresponding standard Torx heads with the bevel, and modify them to the proper length. Any good machine shop should be able to help you find them.

Best
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I talked to Ruger this morning. The guy in parts I talked to was Mark. He said all new Ruger 77/22 77/17 etc are shipped with action bolts with a torq head. I asked if he could send me a pair to replace my slotted screws that have damaged heads, he said yes and said they are in the mail!! I just got them. They are not Torq. RATS!!
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just make sure you use the right size bit/blade and they will be fine. My friend just bought a 77/22 mag last year and it has slotted fasteners. Not saying that the new ones don't have them, because no telling how long his rifle sat in the shop.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The new ones are all slotted too! No torq or allen heads.