In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FIE model 72 parts question

wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
edited July 2014 in Ask the Experts
Does the fie model 72 revolver the full sized copy of the colt SAA made in Argentina use colt cylinder latch (bolt)

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe that your revolver was made by the German firm of Weihrauch, for FIE. Likely it's pretty old, as FIE went out of business due to bankruptcy in the early 1990's.

Here is a photo I got off the net of a Weihrauch, single action revolver.

I don't know if Colt parts would work in a Weihrauch?

You might try contacting the various gun parts suppliers on the net. To see if they stock any parts, for Weihrauch single action revolvers.

fie1.JPG
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    I believe that your revolver was made by the German firm of Weihrauch, for FIE. Likely it's pretty old, as FIE went out of business due to bankruptcy in the early 1990's.

Here is a photo I got off the net of a Weihrauch, single action revolver.

I don't know if Colt parts would work in a Weihrauch?

You might try contacting the various gun parts suppliers on the net. To see if they stock any parts, for Weihrauch single action revolvers.

fie1.JPG

I know all about the German made FIEs but this is a full size one marked Industria Argentina it is in 22 magnum and is the model 72 not the Hombre which was made in Germany. It was imported right at the end of FIEs run. It is missing the cylinder stop but is otherwise complete
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I know all about the German made FIEs but this is a full size one marked Industria Argentina it is in 22 magnum and is the model 72 not the Hombre which was made in Germany. It was imported right at the end of FIEs run. It is missing the cylinder stop but is otherwise complete

That's very interesting. I didn't know that single actions were imported from Argentina. The only ones that I was familiar with, were the Bersa automatics.
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1