In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Unfired Winchester 62A value ( Original )

pathfinder101stpathfinder101st Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
edited July 2014 in Ask the Experts
Sorry to say but this has not been reblued ,I wiped it down with Rem oil,, I've known guy growning up ,he was a family friend of the family and he had well over 50 plus rifles when he passed away and I got some .So in all don't matter ,,,, I have it and 9 other gun from the family ....Enjoy your thoughts ! Oh,,,,i don't mind if you all want more pictures , I'd be glad to put them on here for you all to droll...Ive seen people bash other people's gun to try to get it cheaper so don't worry im not sell!

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Better pic's would help. That action cover screw looks fishy to me. My dad had a minty 1890 in 22 short, it was original and he had it from the 1930's. He sold it for a lot of money.

I have a 1906 wearing a Rem 511 barrel. It's a nice shooter but I'll take my Rem 121 any day of the week. I have been shooting it since the mid 60's.
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    I am not trying to buy your gun. All I can say is I can go to my Winchester slide action .22 collection (the same one that I display at regional gunshows and win award money with) and look at high condition examples, and yours looks different.

Maybe it is the pictures. Wipe it off and post the pics of the proofmarks I requested.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Im loading some more pics on here ,,
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best way to resolve, this difference in opinion. Is to take the Winchester to knowledgeable folks, for a hands-on. Either dealers or collectors. Find out if there any arms collectors organizations, or gun shows in your area. At the gun shows don't pay any attention to the shuck and jive. If the Winchester is richious and original, they will be following you up and down the aisles trying to buy it.
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    Best way to resolve, this difference in opinion. Is to take the Winchester to knowledgeable folks, for a hands-on. Either dealers or collectors. Find out if there any arms collectors organizations, or gun shows in your area. At the gun shows don't pay any attention to the shuck and jive. If the Winchester is richious and original, they will be following you up and down the aisles trying to buy it.

Funny that you mention this since I just went thru this with a guy who had a model 90. However he was claiming that he had a model 1890 because the barrel said so, even though his 600,000 something serial # dated it to 1924, well after they removed the 18 prefix. The guy then decided that all of the Winchester experts were stupid when they told him that his gun was re barreled with an older barrel.
    So to the OP, if you truly want to verify what you have then you need to do your homework on it. However if your happy with it, which it seems like you are just enjoy it.

T67
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Positively fired, and reblued!

The proof mark on the receiver frame tells the story quite clearly.
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    Yep. Reblued. This is why I asked for the picture of the proofmark. I think the wood is lightly refinished, too. $400 gun if you are honest with the buyer!!!!!