In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

s&w

IN gunsmithIN gunsmith Member Posts: 191
edited July 2014 in Ask the Experts
Did S&W make a revolver chambered in 30 cal? I can't find one in Fjestad.

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I just ordered a new S&W K38 Classic. Any one who owns one have any comments pro or con? Please, only those who actualy own one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have 2 S&W revolvers, #1 has been in my family for many years, it is nickle plated with pearl handles, on the top of the barrol, behind the front sight is paten info, the firlt date is Oct. 1901, the last is Dec. 1914, The S/N is 6 digits with no letter at the begining. The S&W trademark is small and on the left side under the cylinder release. The barrol measures 4" long. The finish is slightly pitted and the handles need replaced.

#2 I am not sure when my father aquired this revolver, it was in his safe when he passed away, it is blue steel with evidence that it was at one time kept in a holster. It has walnut handles with the silver S&W trademark in the handles, it also has a large trademark on the right side of the frame. The S/N begins with D followed by 6 digits.
    The barrol measurs 3" long.

Could anyone tell me anything about the age of these guns and where I can get replacement pearl handles for #1.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is the place to come for info I was told.
    So here goes.

S&W 38 pistol.
    It's in ruff shape but it does fire.
    It's a break barrel.
    The safety is on the back of the pistol grip.
    I cannot find a model no. but the serial no. goes
    On the top of the sight ramp I can see some numbers or dates.
    Oct. 2 1885
    Aug. 4 1886 (I think)
    Apr. 9 1889
    The grips are like a Bakelite. (SP)
    I took some pictures if you think you need them. Although I doubt it.

I think I'm going to like this forum. You guys seem pretty cool from what I've read.

Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I HAVE A S&W MODEL 3000 12GA PUMP SHOTGUN. ITS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION. I WAS WANTING TO KNOW THE VALUE OF THE GUN, I ALSO WANTED TO KNOW IF THEY MAKE A SHOT BARREL FOR IT, AND WHERE I COULD ORDER ONE AT.

THANKS YOU
    DAVID KNIPP
  • Options
    edited November -1
    are there any good online sources to find out info on S&W's rare or collectable models. I have a SW 6590 9mm and cannot find anything on it aditionally i have a SW36 that os laser eched "Don't tread On Me" with a snake on the side just below the cylinder release and i cannot find anything on thatany help would be grealy appreciatedMany ThanksDave
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've got a S&W 38 revolver that has the thumb latch on the side as well as the top break and the thumb latch has to be pressed forward to release the top break. I can't find any info on it in the Blue Book. Last patent date on ridge is Sept 4, 09 and it has the black hard plastic S&W Grip. I would appreciate some help on what model it is so I can find an approximate value. Thanks...
    Kevin Mac
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Smith &Wesson nickle plated revolver in the caliber of 38 S & W CTG. The serial number is V442327. On the inside of the frame where the cylinder closes is the number 80558f. It has a Parker Hale Hale front sight marked England.On the left side of the barrel is S&W bn. It also has what appears to be imatation ivory grips with black enlays. Any information about this pistol to include value would b greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can anyone help me. I have a .357 Magnum in Nickel with a 3" barrel. The serial number is AAW01XX. Anyone know what model it is and what it's worth? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking for someone to put a cylinder stop in a s&w top break 32 the gun is in top shape otherwise any know of anyone that can do this. no gunsmith close to me will do it.
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,455 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    tryed thim thay dont do anything on top bracks- but thank you for the info
  • Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I assume you have the cylinder stop. They are hard to find. I'd be willing to repair it for you.