In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

MAY I ?

USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
edited July 2014 in Ask the Experts
ask why this post http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=635861 was locked.

is it because you don't like informative info ? this will be my last post concerning specific fixes.

thank you for nothing!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Always read the forum rules, before knotting up your panties.

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=306339
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by USN_Airdale
    ask why this post http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=635861 was locked.

is it because you don't like informative info ? this will be my last post concerning specific fixes.

thank you for nothing!!!!!

Before you go off on us, understand that all threads in this forum are locked after ten replies. You have been a forum member for nearly seven years so it is not the fault of the moderators that you were unaware of this long standing (since day one) rule.

Now then, a simple "I am sorry, I was mistaken about the rules", will go a long way. Best, Mark

quote:Originally posted by Bert H.
    I receive at least 3-4 emails per week asking why a topic post was locked. The paragraph below explains why;

All topic posts on the Experts forum are locked after (10) replies (or as soon thereafter as one of the Moderators scans the forum). The Experts forum is intended to be a technical Question & Answer format, and we (the moderators) believe that all questions can be adequately answered within (10) replies. Anything beyond that is essentially a "general discussion", and instead, it should have been posted on the General Discussion forum. If your post was locked, and you either did not receive a useful answer to your question(s), or you have an additional question(s), simply post a new topic (or the same topic with "Part II", or "Cont." etc. added). The more concise your question is, the better we can provide a meaningful response... vague questions should be avoided, as should topics asking for opinions. Again, that type of topic is best suited to the General Discussion forum.

For other reasons a topic post has been locked or deleted (usually before the (10) post limit), please refer to this link - http://forums.GunBroker.com/PostingGuidelines.asp

Bert H.
  • Options
    CheechakoCheechako Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    USN_Airdale

I for one appreciate this opportunity to comment further on your OP that was locked.

You initial question gave the impression that you were looking for some very basic help in drilling holes in hard/hardened steel. Most of the responses, including mine, were made with that premise in mind.

In actual fact, your last two posts were anything but basic. It is obvious, according to your lengthy resume, that you have much more experience than you led us to believe in the beginning.

So, what's up with that?? It reeks of "troll" but your 3700+ posts say otherwise.

Truth be told, if the first thread was not locked I would delete my posts.

Ray
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As has been pointed out, ATE threads are locked at ten posts. Some times an additional 1 or 2 get to squeak in.
    What Most don't realize is, if you use the edit post button the post count does not increase and you are able to add more information to your thread before it gets locked.

Just as I have done here.
    It helps others to recognize the added info if you change the text color also.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Since the offended gentleman has posted twice today over in GD, but has yet to grace our forum with another visit, we can use this to go over a few ATE rules again.

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=306339

Whether or not you have been here for five minutes or fifteen years, your thread is only allowed ten replies and your agreement with this rule is immaterial. The ten post rule has existed here since the dawn of Gun Broker and was instituted by our beloved (and missed) CaptKirk, who was our forum's first moderator. CaptKirk is in a better place now (RIP) but his rule remains in force, and I have no intention of lifting it. Ten posts in usually enough to answer 90% of all questions in sufficient detail, but if it is not, a Part II can be started. ATE is NOT the forum for open ended discussions, that is down the hall in GD. This forum is where you come to ask your questions and get them answered.

One more reminder: Questions mean exactly that; questions. We had a guy several months back who tried to wrap is opinions into questions and then used his threads as vehicles to expound those opinions on a variety of subjects. He was warned to cease and desist, but he chose to ignore these warnings. WRONG MOVE. As a result, he found himself no longer welcome here in ATE and only managed to hang onto his GB membership by the skin of his teeth. We don't fool around over here in ATE and when the staff tells you to stop doing something we mean it.