In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need a Broomhandle Gunsmith

mscoblemscoble Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited July 2014 in Ask the Experts
I have a late model C1930 broomhandle is very nice original condition but it is having a mechanical problem and no one in my area knows how to work on these pistols. The hammer does not want to cock and when it does the trigger only partly releases it. i have field striped it and looked it over but nothing seems broken. I also purchased a replacement safety, as it was suggested that could be the problem, but that was no help. I need to find a gunsmith expereinced with the broomhandle it help me get this shooting again. Can anyone recommend someone? Thanks, matt

Comments

• Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Gunrack
    9184 NW CR 225
    Starke, FL 32091

Phone: 904-964-5053
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    On the right side of the removed assembly, there's a small lollipop looking piece that has a flat spring attached to it. This is a very critical part as it's what the trigger activates.
    With the hammer cocked and held, press up on the bottom of the little piece and see if it releases the hammer okay. If it does, the trigger is not making proper contact.
    If it doesn't, you should be able to see what's not working. The Mauser is a simple and robust weapon, but the fit is critical.
  • Options
    mscoblemscoble Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    To: TRAP55,
    Thank you for the information on the fellow in Florida. He could not do the work but pointed me to Tom Heller of Heller Arms in Saint Charles, MO and he looks to be the right guy. I have already overnighted him the pistol. Thanks, Again.-Matt
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Matt, thanks for the update. Interesting they couldn't do the work, they are/were? known as the "Broom Closet". Tom Heller has a good reputation for his Broomhandle work.