In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What did I buy????

bdreissbdreiss Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited July 2014 in Ask the Experts
I do not know how to post pix yet but I will some day.
Anyway, I bought this Military Style Rifle in an auction. I have no idea what caliber or who manufactured it. Neither did they. Is it worth the $130+ I paid for it? Any help experts??? :-)[?][?][?]
Here is the link:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=3679&aid=82466&lid=20546800&rfpb=0#Top

Comments

• Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spanish Mauser Model 1916 in a cut up Swede Mauser stock.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    When you add the 15% Buyer's Premium of $19.50 plus handling (which is probably another $20 or so), shipping & insurance ($25-$40) and transfer fees ($25-$50)as they only ship to FFL dealers, you're going to have a lot of money tied up in a non-collectible wall-hanger.
  • Options
    Dr.NippsDr.Nipps Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Should've bought a Mosin Nagant from GB ;) but I would suggest doing some research next time before buying a firearm
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You are both right. It was a stupid spur of the moment that I bid. I have learned an expensive lesson. Thanks.

Ps. Strange looking buzzardized rifle for sale. Great dust collector.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bdreiss
    You are both right. It was a stupid spur of the moment that I bid. I have learned an expensive lesson. Thanks.

Believe me, we've all been there. The excitement of the auction and the natural desire to "win" is what makes them so successful. [;)]
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    quote:Originally posted by bdreiss

Believe me, we've all been there. The excitement of the auction and the natural desire to "win" is what makes them so successful. [;)]

And that little glass of brown colored liquid don't help either[;)]
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't sweat it.

If you aren't happy with it, list it on GB. You may even make money on it.

Neal
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    The good news is that you don't have much dough tied up in it and who knows, it might be a good shooter! Why anyone would put a Spanish Mauser in a wonderful Swedish Mauser stock and then screwing up the stock is beyond me but it is what it is. Lots of hunters did this in the 50's and 60's to make a nice handy brush rifle....but, ugh! But we all at one time or another have fallen to the "auction fever" and got caught in the moment....this guy more than once!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys for the encouragement [:p]
    I still do not know the caliber of this fantastic weapon machine. [:(]
    I will entertain anything but the almighty super expensive 22 long rifle ammunition that only the very rich and our fabulous, fantastic, federal friends in the US government can afford except if adding to the fast and furious fiasco founded by the obamasama and holder regime. [:(!]
    I hope they do not sell all the M-4s and buy 10/22s for down-sizing our great military.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Who knows what the caliber is??? The best guess is that is 6.5x55 but I doubt it! Sadly! Swag it and find out what the number is..and then get to shooting it! Like I said, don't feel bad...it has happened to all of us at one time or another..me included!