In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

win 70 trigger guard hole spacing

DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in Ask the Experts
Is the trigger guard hole spacing the same on all Win 70's both pre and post 64? The spacing on my pre 64's is 7-1/2". Someone showed me a new in the white one piece that has a 7-25/32" hole spacing. (I'm certain it's a Ted Blackburn Bottom Metal) In fact the overall length of the guard is 8-7/16" as opposed to 8-5/16" on the pre 64. The rear and center holes line up but the front hole is way off.

Comments

• Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I only have one post-64. It's a .225, circa 1965, and the spacing measures 7 9/16". Right next to it sat a 1949 M70 in .300 H&H so I measured that, too, and it's 7 1/2" as you indicated. I disassembled the .225, turned in the guard screws, and measured the spacing that way so I'm sure the measurement is 7 9/16" and not 7 5/8".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I gave the wrong measurement, it's 7-25/32", NOT 7-5/8". I made the correction on my post
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I found out it's a Ted Blackburn Bottom Metal, but still can't find out why the hole spacing doesn't match the Win 70 spacing
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dokey,

I'm not aware of any variation that would account for a hole misalignment. My best guess would be to call Swift to get a proper authoritative answer to your question.

Swift Bullets has purchased the company so here is the URL for the new website:

http://www.swiftbullets.com/swift-blackburn-gun-metal-s/1818.htm

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I did contact Swift and the guard is a #2 for the 375 Mag. It requires repositioning the recoil lug hole forward by adding metal to the front of the lug and re-drilling