In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

tc. icon

deerhunter42deerhunter42 Member Posts: 115 ✭✭
edited August 2014 in Ask the Experts
I have a tc icon blued walnut stock with. a bushnell legend. hd scope 3-9i can't see any marks on gun or scope about how much is it worth no. box

Comments

• Options
    idahoduckeridahoducker Member Posts: 740 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to www.GunBroker.com Click on advanced search then completed items and then enter tc icon or whatever and you'll see what they've been selling for.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    [url][/url]Calibre?

Depending...

Discounting the scope entirely.

550-800. My best guess

I like them. Particularly in .308
    Less in TC specific chamberings.

But I am a minority. A lot of folk just take a big "pass" on them.

And please identify the DOM or if the general recall has been completed.

https://secure05.lwcdirect.com/front/frontQuestionnaire.jsp?p=tcarmsrecall.com
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I run across a killer deal back a few years ago, on a liquidation sale. I purchased 4 of the first run ICONS, with AAA Walnut, in 30 TC. The distributor had them on sale for 399.99. I got a case of loaded ammo, and since I reload, 1000 rounds of brass. That round is an extremely good performer, and is on par with the 308 Winchester, and 30-06. Gave one each to my two stepsons, and saved one for myself, and infant son.

Depending on what chambering, and which grade wood yours is, anywhere from $500.00 to $1000.00 is not out of line. That scope is a give away, and only adds about $50.00 to the value.

Best
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    deerhunter42,

While I usually stay out of these 'what's it worth' questions, I wanted to point out a couple of observations.

Discounting the scope because the retail currently is about $180.00 give or take a few dollars. This usually equates to about $50.00 for secondary market sales or a 'gimme' to enhance a potential sale.

1) Simply looking up completed auction will not paint the whole picture of value for a particular rifle. It is simply a snapshot of a short window of time and the value at that particular point in time. It is not the end all of value by any means.

2) Of the three(3) pages of T/C icons listed, 1-1/2 pages was one company selling one rifle repeatedly. The remaining 1-1/2 pages contained exactly 4 sales with the rest of the auctions ended with no bids. The ones that sold ranged from $698 to $850 if I recall correctly.

3) CDNN has several versions of the ICON listed starting at $379.00 for a complete rifle with a walnut stock, without a scope but including a bipod.

Value will be determined on any given day by demand and value perceived. T/C really failed in the marketing of this rifle system. Reality is that the ICON is a superb system. The general public was never convinced of this by the manufacturer or it's advertising agency of record. The agency failed miserably with it's lackluster approach to innovation and manufacturing advances.

I personally like the ICON system and feel that it deserves more credit that it has gotten.

Best.