In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Saints NO call

varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
for the two or three of you who still watch the NFL i'm sure a couple of you saw the Saints NOcall on sunday. well roger goodell has fixed it. he fined the defensive back (who admitted to making the flagrant hit on purpose) $26,600. the NOcall cost the saints a trip to the super bowel and millions in lost revenue. by the way he fined Saints receiver Michael Thomas, in a previous game, $30,000 for using a cell phone as a prop during a touchdown celebration.

Comments

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sure the epic bonus the corner back got for the play more than makes up for the fine. What a joke.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Saints pass which was bound to be complete. Drew Brees to Williams would have put them in score position. In for the win. Yes a trip to the superbowl against NE Patriots.

Commissioner Goodell has proven himself a fool with this and the kneeling problem.

Referees are human and make mistakes. However the NFL sets rules for making corrections. As usual Goodell dropped the ball and did nothing.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    saints should refuse to play any game with that referee on the field...that was about as cknpoope hit and no call i have ever seen in a football game..and probably cost the Saints all the marbles...goodell is grossly overpaid for his crappy management and that too needs changed
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,753 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Commissioner Goodell has the power to have them replay the game, but time is too short now.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who? What? What is the NFL?
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The NE Patriots have to go to the SuperBowl because of the money.
    They are the most hated & most liked team.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    I'll worry about a silly no-call in this NFC championship game when the Seahawks are granted the victory for Superbowl XL. Until then, I don't give a rats * about it, because it doesn't even remotely compare.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guns-n-painthorses
    Commissioner Goodell has the power to have them replay the game, but time is too short now.

The entire notion of doing such is so completely ridiculous, it's not even worth mentioning.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    talk about getting screwed in front of everybody !!!!!! and the fine was even less than a touchdown prancing around the endzone some game earlier...nobody got creamed then ???
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes it was a missed call. But how many other missed holds, interference and other calls were there? Can't go back and adjudicate the whole game.
    Maybe the next play would have been a fumble, or an interception. If the defender had looked back he could have easily intercepted that pass. Which one play would have changed the outcome? There are always bad calls in every game I have ever seen. If they start replaying every game over one call the season would never end. Maybe they should just add each teams bad calls and the winner is who had the most. Or have a coin flip at the end and give the winner an extra touchdown. It's just a game anyway.
  • Options
    varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    its not "just a game" its a billion dollar business and thats the crux of the problem. the rams are a team in a very large market, having a new multi million dollar stadium built. they couldnt fill a smaller stadium there before or in St Louis. what better way to start them out than a super bowl victory. and it wasnt just another call, if the correct call had been made the saints with 1.49 left could have run 80 sec off the clock and kicked a field goal and they could have missed but at least the teams on the field would have determined the outcome instead of the refs.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks

A subset of the DEMOCRAT party
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,292 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the worst referee mistakes in the history of the NFL.

I am in Cajun land right now, you listen to the local radio stations, these guys are outraged. The mayor of New Orleans has demanded an official inquiry by the NFL.
    A hotshot New Orleans lawyer has sued the NFL in federal court, and demands that they replay the last 2 minutes of that game. This Sunday.

I tell you the Saints nation is ready to replay the Battle of New Orleans! Grab your flintlock and lock and load!
    Where is Andrew Jackson when you need him?
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr

That's why I'm not familiar with it... What do they do? Commit felonies? Disrespect the flag? Act like idiots? Are they affiliated with antifa?
  • Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whether you watch the ROUSs or not (I don't) you couldn't avoid seeing that play. It was replayed on every "news" broadcast the next day and beyond.
    Had the call been made, it would have given NO the ball "in scoring position".
    Hardly a given they would have scored.
    If they had, they could have gone to the next level and been embarrassed by Brady and the Patriot "machine".
    JMHO
    Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    quote:Originally posted by guns-n-painthorses

The entire notion of doing such is so completely ridiculous, it's not even worth mentioning.

Exactly, once the call was missed, it was missed forever. Somethings just can not be fixed, we have to accept that and move on. Saints got hosed, no doubt but there is no way now to resolve it. All they can do its decide if they are going to further regulate the game, review Ref's calls or move on and accept that calls like this will happen, as human judgement is involved. "Do overs" do not exist for every instance in life.

I would laugh(even though i routed for Breeze) if they replayed the game and the Rams beat the Saints by two touch downs. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The point was also made by sports caster Ben Maller that during that play there was an obvious hold by a Saints Offensive Lineman that wasn't called....so if the play was reviewable for a penalty then the ref would have had to call a penalty on the holding call, thus making offsetting penalties and replay of the down. his point being, that there is a penalty on every play in the NFL, it is just a matter of whether they are seen and called by the refs.
  • Options
    KX500KX500 Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The fine for the Rams player was the typical, week after the game, fine for a helmet to helmet hit. Pretty much ever week of the season, some player is being fined for hits like this - many times when no penalty was called.

Business as usual.

This whole event is pointing out a big problem with how & when plays are 'reviewable'. Pass interference and helmet to helmet hits aren't - the coach can't throw the red flag on these & have them reviewed.

But, how can a play that can have that big of an impact not be reviewable? I mean, the play is shown again & again for everyone to see. It is 'reviewed' 1000s of times, with no recourse.

I bet these plays are reviewable next year. It just sucks for the Saints now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    justifies and reinforces NOT watching preprogrammed nfl football.... this "win" was organized from the get go...they'll continue getting NONE of my money
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr

Absolutely brother. F 'em all where they breathe.
    Their crybaby fans make me sick. I actually love Brady for pooping all over the "fans"
    Everybody in Daytona will stand for the National Anthem on 2-17-19
    Americans vs these POS
    azeXL5E.jpg