In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CDL Holder Screwed Up

allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,260 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
This happened two nights ago in Lafayette Louisiana, on I 10 near Louisiana Avenue.

4F0C6i8l.jpg

I just drove this road this morning and this is the wreck site.

crash
UL assistant softball coach one of two killed in Lafayette crash
Geri Glasco
January 24, 2019 at 11:26 AM CST - Updated January 24 at 3:21 PM
LAFAYETTE, LA (KPLC) - A UL assistant softball coach was one of two people killed in a five-vehicle accident on I-10 in Lafayette Thursday.

Geri Glasco, 24, of Arnaudville, and Kenneth McNeil, 45, of Houston, were both killed in the crash.

Glasco is an assistant on the UL softball team and the daughter of head coach Gerry Glasco.

Trooper Thomas Gossen, with Louisiana State Police Troop I, said in a news release that the crash happened on I-10 eastbound shortly after 1 a.m. on Jan. 24, 2019.

He said the preliminary investigation found that William Rawlings, 67, of Killeen, Texas, was driving a 2010 Freightliner 18-wheeler eastbound on I-10 when he came upon slow moving traffic in an active construction zone and for unknown reasons was unable to slow down in a timely manner, striking the rear of McNeil?s 2015 Dodge Ram pickup truck.

?That initial crash began a chain reaction involving a total of five vehicles,? Gossen said.

McNeil?s vehicle was pushed into Glasco?s vehicle, a 2017 Ford Escape, which then struck the rear of a second 18-wheeler, which in turn struck another 18-wheeler.

McNeil and Glasco were pronounced dead at the scene.

Gossen said impairment is unknown and standard toxicology tests are pending. Rawlings submitted a breath sample which showed no alcohol present at the time of the crash. The investigation is ongoing, and charges are pending.

Comments