In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reported something suspicious to the police

WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
I had Friday off- Orlando has a little commuter train and we decided to let the boys ride the train.

As we got off in downtown Orlando I noticed a woman in a car that was parked and the sunshade was up in the windshield, she was video taping the train and passengers.

I though that was odd but there are any number of legitimate reasons a person could be doing surveillance.

We took the boys to lunch, walked around the city, then 2 hours later hopped on the return train out of town.

My boys wanted to ride on the 2nd level of the train which was almost empty, in the center of the train their are two cameras mounted and the same woman from the car earlier was sitting directly beneath the cameras - this tim filming the train stations and passengers.

This happened at each stop, as the train pulled up, her camera would come out, train departs the station she would put up the camera until we neared the next stop.

My wife also noticed how bizarre the woman was and acting out of place. She was not acting like a tourist.

We called a generic line and reported to the police. About 20 minutes later a detective called me back and had me email him a few photos I took of her video train stations.

I will probably never hear the outcome, but the NFL Pro Bowl is this afternoon in Orlando, I hope nothing happens to that train.

Comments

• Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    If your Spidey Senses were up, it is probably for a good reason.

Knowing just a little bit about you, I'd say your Situational Awareness is quite a bit better than most.

Better safe than sorry.

Good job Sir.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    You did the right thing. It seems that every time there is some sort of attack, long before the event takes place there were people who suspected that something odd was going on but they never acted on their suspicions and reported them.

The southern terminus of that train is near a Home Depot about 15 minutes from my home. I've been thinking about riding it just to check it out. A branch line is eventually supposed to go to the airport. That would be a total game changer in the Orlando traffic nightmare. Honesty, I love it here in Florida, but the traffic in this state is generally awful, while traffic is Orlando is miserable.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,411 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Raghead looking broad?
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably just a college student doing a thesis on public transportation...

But then you never know do you...

But where she was so conspicuous about it, I doubt she was up to no good...

But it's better to be safe than sorry, the police will figure it out.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    Raghead looking broad?

Nah, they use white Muslim sympathizers.

Now how crazy would it be that they worked in two or three person team? The other two films the "busy bodies" like Warbirds. Be on the look out for long sitting cars in your hood.

Also start on a treatment for the new train movie for Clint Eastwood to direct [:D].
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Way to go warbirds. If it looks out of line it is.
    You done good.
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Odds are it was nothing, but then again...
    Years ago my brother was working at a local convenience store. One evening I'd been over for coffee and a newspaper and as I left noticed guys around back of the place acting strange. Called it in and the dispatcher gave me the poo poo line claiming it was Halloween and they was just kids bein' kids. 15-20 minutes later the same bunch robbed the place armed with knives and a 22 rifle.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,064 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1
    If your Spidey Senses were up, it is probably for a good reason.

Knowing just a little bit about you, I'd say your Situational Awareness is quite a bit better than most.

Better safe than sorry.

Good job Sir.
    yep,plus 1 on this,,