In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Guns

SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
Shot some today I hadn't fired yet. Just tossed a couple of cans out and also shot some dirt clods. My oldest boy bought a new place with room to shoot and I went to see it today. Had my youngest son (12) with me to have a little fun too.

Gave my Daughter in Law a shooting lesson. Only her 2nd time and she shot pretty well.

Colt single action .22: Shot okay, doesn't have target sights and shot a little high but was consistent. Cylinder bound up a couple of times while loading it. I'll have to tear it down, clean it, and see what there is to see.

Bersa .380: Ran like a clock and was very accurate for what it is. Like it. My 12 year old shot it well and we practiced draw with first shot double action and mag changes. That is why I bought it, to teach young folks and other new shooter how to run a semi-auto. It is going to work well for it's purpose. Besides that, it's just fun to shoot.

Ruger sp101 in .327 federal: Nice handgun, good trigger, smooth double action trigger pull also. Shot .32 S&W and .327 federal in it. It handles the stout loads well. I didn't have any .32 H&R mags with me, I ordered some but they didn't arrive with the other ammo.

My DIL shot this one with .32 S&W and did very well with it. I didn't step her up to the .327 federals. She had zero flinch and I didn't want to start one. We'll let her shoot more before we step her up. After a bit I had her rapid fire 6 rounds. Told her to fire as soon as she got the front sight on target. Not as fast as she will be someday, but at 45 feet she keep them all mid torso Or in this case all either in the can or very close to it.

Rossi 92 in .357 mag: I loved this one and so did my boys, oldest and youngest. What a ball of fun. Shot 125gr .38 special and 158gr .357. Loved them both.

It was a fun day.

Comments

• Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a great day for all involved...
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a fun and productive learning day for everybody. Good job coaching your DIL and recognizing the flinch issue or lack there of. Let her keep shooting more to instill her good habits before letting her move to hotter ammo. On the next outing take lots of pictures and show them to them in about 15 years.
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

This is my rifle , this is my Gun , this is for killing , this is for fun !!!

"GUN" ???

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bersa makes FINE guns at a reasonable price..have two 22's and two 380...not a hiccup........the ruger sp101 and gp100? are nice dbl action +++++