In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

century link problems--anyone else?

discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
strange happenings...since early AM i have wireless access for my laptop, but nothingon the ethernet side for my desktop

Comments

• Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We used to have nothing but problems with them. I found out they bought out the contracts of all the higher paid linemen, then hired a bunch of kids with very little training to replace them. Their service went from really bad to absolutely horrible. We finally dumped them and got Hughesnet, which isn't a whole lot better. [V]

I guess that's the price you pay for moving out in the country.

PS. If you have a fairly recent desktop, you may also have wireless capabilities built in.
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    its a century link quirk, similar to the massive shutdown last month i fear. the customer service number doesn't work---overloaded with calls no doubt.while i'm not in the country per se, the village and area isn't big enough that cable/high speed internet would come in. so i am stuck.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never liked them, and dumped the land line. Never again.