In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

roger stone desperado

varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
i wonder how many county deputies it took to capture the killer of 5 from Louisiana. i know it took 29 fbi agents to take down Roger
Stone. i loved the line "why didnt you just call me".

Comments

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They closed off the entire block of his neighborhood. The entire event was theater, and complete abuse of power. White collar defendants are allowed to turn themselves in on a regular basis through an arranged time/date through their attorney. shameful[V]
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pure democratic theater. CNN circus to attempt to make Trump look bad. Roger Stone is a harmless administrator. Our tax dollars could be better spent on a wall to keep real bad guys out.
  • Options
    blackhawk45blackhawk45 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Liberal Democrat dog and pony show ,yaaawn !
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody taking bets they don't find any wrong doings with Stone. Just more media hype and we know the FBI is full of partisan hacks.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    history will show the FBI relabeled as the FIB
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,260 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to respect the FBI. That was long ago.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was the lone on site rep for our company overseeing the contractors building the new FBI Headquarters for GSA in Jackson, MS back in 2008 and 2009.

I was pleasantly surprised at the down to earth FBI agents that I met there. I made several friends during the 2 years that I was on site. I had a lot of interface with their reps working out their concerns with the building and I was treated very nice and with respect.

I also met a group of lawmen that were as down to earth as the FBI agents I had met in MS. They were the US Marshal's that I had dealings with over the 5 year period that our company was overseeing the contractors construction of the New US Federal Courthouse for GSA in Montgomery, AL back in 1997 thru 2002.

I was telling one of my Marshal friends, an extremely nice guy, about my new S&W 340PD .357 Mag snubby that had just came on the market that only weighs 11.58 ounces including a set of Crimson Trace laser grips mounted on it. He wanted to see it so I took him out to my car and showed it to him. He fell in love with it and asked to borrow it for a few minutes to show to all his buddies in the Marshal's Office. He was gone about 45 minutes and came back and said he showed it to everybody that was there and they all liked it especially being so light. We became pretty good friends and I visited him at his home and sold him a 44 Mag Desert Eagle that he talked me out of. He wasn't interested in my MKVII that converted to shoot the .50AE and the .44 Mag due to the heavier recoil of the .50AE.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr
    Anybody taking bets they don't find any wrong doings with Stone. Just more media hype and we know the FBI is full of partisan hacks.

Seems that every high profile case where the defendant has the financial means to challenge the government, the government ends up looking very bad in court. In most of those cases you find out the Judge admonishes the prosecution for misconduct, usually related to concealing exculpatory evidence from the defense. the feds seem to depend on extorting guilty pleas for light sentences in order to justify their existence. You take someone like Gen Flynn for example. You put him in a room with an attorney that has already cost him $200k in fees and tell him that you'll drag this case out until he is in financial ruin, add on top the threat of max sentence of five years in federal prison, everything he's invested and saved to pass on to his kids gone, or he can take this plea, get a slap on the wrist and save what ever money he has left....
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Politics - Chapter 88 since Trump became president. Or is it 1088 ?

Mueller needs all the bad boys charged with something to make the BS he has on Trump more valuable. CNN is the propaganda branch of the Democrats , and the FBI and their Justice (LOL) department, are their army.

They are hell bent to destroy our Constitutional Republic and replace it with the NWO.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where's barfy?
    Figured this would make him orgasm.

Maybe the thrill was too much. [;)]
  • Options
    ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where was the team leader? It should be his/her call to deny being party to a dog and pony show like this regardless of the political pressure to make a big deal out of nothing. A number of times over the years we received calls for a team, often from alphabet agencies, and asked to serve a warrant, search/arrest or both. Upon review of the document and scouting the location, (Ultimate responsibility for what happens lies on the shoulders of the TL.) I'd determine that a team entry was not warranted and would decline to handle it for any number of reasons. They?d get upset that we refused the entry, but, in our minds, if a hard entry wasn?t necessary we just wouldn?t do it. We'd send our folks to stand by in the event a problem developed, but just to tear a door down for the sake of making a show, uh, no, not happening.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope the Feds are getting setup for a fall.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    I was the lone on site rep for our company overseeing the contractors building the new FBI Headquarters for GSA in Jackson, MS back in 2008 and 2009.

I was pleasantly surprised at the down to earth FBI agents that I met there. I made several friends during the 2 years that I was on site. I had a lot of interface with their reps working out their concerns with the building and I was treated very nice and with respect.

I also met a group of lawmen that were as down to earth as the FBI agents I had met in MS. They were the US Marshal's that I had dealings with over the 5 year period that our company was overseeing the contractors construction of the New US Federal Courthouse for GSA in Montgomery, AL back in 1997 thru 2002.

I was telling one of my Marshal friends, an extremely nice guy, about my new S&W 340PD .357 Mag snubby that had just came on the market that only weighs 11.58 ounces including a set of Crimson Trace laser grips mounted on it. He wanted to see it so I took him out to my car and showed it to him. He fell in love with it and asked to borrow it for a few minutes to show to all his buddies in the Marshal's Office. He was gone about 45 minutes and came back and said he showed it to everybody that was there and they all liked it especially being so light. We became pretty good friends and I visited him at his home and sold him a 44 Mag Desert Eagle that he talked me out of. He wasn't interested in my MKVII that converted to shoot the .50AE and the .44 Mag due to the heavier recoil of the .50AE.

Every time I've ever had any one on one dealings with a person in the ATF its been the same. They were personable, kind, and seemed to be people that I could honestly be lifelong friends with......but....(you knew a "but" was coming.)

ALL government agencies have such a lofty idea of their place in the world that there is no line they will not cross when it comes to using their power.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    he was a runner[}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    a PERFECT example of govt WASTE....a phone call and he would have walked in....SUPRISED the stoopids did NOT make this into another WACO or Ruby Ridge.....Stone ought to light a candel he was not machine gunned DEAD.......
  • Options
    47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never met a "rank and file" member of the FBI, US Marshals Service, or any State or local police that was anything but "down to earth" It was always the appointed "chiefs" that were a pain in the as$
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    I used to respect the FBI. That was long ago.

My respect for them ran very deep for decades.

That respect flat ended when little ole' me, a layman in the law, could not believe James Comey, a LEO, in a carefully crafted speech exonerated Hillary Rodham Clinton.

When James Comey pulled that politically motivated stunt WAY overstepping the bounds of an investigator, granting himself the role of prosecutor and jury I KNEW as sure as God made little green apples the FBI was not to be trusted until it received a complete flushing of ALL top officials.

I still do not trust them; the Deep State is still running the corruption ring unabated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag

Every time I've ever had any one on one dealings with a person in the ATF its been the same. They were personable, kind, and seemed to be people that I could honestly be lifelong friends with......but....(you knew a "but" was coming.)

ALL government agencies have such a lofty idea of their place in the world that there is no line they will not cross when it comes to using their power.

This^^^^^ Members of a Outlaw Motorcycle club can be personable, and down right polite and friendly one on one, or in small groups, get them in a large group when egos are involved and you'll see who they are....Feds aren't any different. Any group dynamic is very similar, ego and peer pressure brings the show.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The investigation on Trump has worn pretty thin on everybody after two years. So Mueller is just picking at bones to keep it alive
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    The investigation on Trump has worn pretty thin on everybody after two years. So Mueller is just picking at bones to keep it alive

That's his job, he was put in place to protect the people involved in the conspiracy to spy on, and then remove Trump. His second mandate is to muddy the waters and create an environment and story line that justifies impeachment proceedings. He has the support of congress so it would not surprise me if this doesn't drag on for Trump's entire presidency.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks

He is a DEMOCRAT party operative.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    this will go on till mueller gets the real low down on trump by arresting his janitor..the one who disappears the TRASH....the klintons are laughing themselves silly as nobody is looking at their sins..their janitor disappeared years ago