In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,470 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It works like this: When honest citizens have been fully deprived of their Constitutional rights to keep and bear, and all evil (and probably a few very nice) guns have been confiscated and destroyed, then criminals will have no relatives they can steal guns from and all will give up their life of crime and violence and go on to become model citizens.

Easy.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At what point do we all hold hands and sing Kumbiyah?
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About as good as laws against drugs have been working. We no longer have a drug problem in the United States

Even by some evil miracle they were able to get rid of all commercially manufactured firearms, Pandora's box has been opened. People will be making firearms in their garage, and anybody with a little mechanical ability can actually produce a firearm better than most commercial manufacturers out there today...

I got a friend... Ah errr, I know somebody that know somebody that actually is building AR-15 lowers using nothing but beer cans melted and then horse the molten aluminum into a mold he made from a manufactured lower, and after he's finished molding them, he dremels out the excess aluminum... I have seen... Ah errr, I have heard tell that his lowers are better than most manufactured lowers on the market

Anybody with a $400 CNG machine can Mass produce firearms in the comfort of their living room

In Brazil and the Philippines people are building every conceivable firearms including fully automatic with just hand tools and no power in the jungles...

The only thing that gun laws are going to accomplish is to disarm the law-abiding citizens. The criminals will always have access to them since Pandora's box has been opened
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r
    At what point do we all hold hands and sing Kumbiyah?

When the criminals and the government starts to Mass murder all the law-abiding citizens that have been disarmed
    .. then you can sing kumbaya
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    It works like this: When honest citizens have been fully deprived of their Constitutional rights to keep and bear, and all evil (and probably a few very nice) guns have been confiscated and destroyed, then criminals will have no relatives they can steal guns from and all will give up their life of crime and violence and go on to become model citizens.

Easy.

And do get to ride the unicorns in your fantasy world He Dog???...
  • Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought since only the law abiding folks would give up their guns to keep from becoming felons, the real felons would feel sorry for us not having the ability to protect ourselves and stop all B&Es, Carjacking, Armed Robberies and the like.

Maybe I misunderstood the logic?

Or I could view it from the perspective of NY...
    It?s ok to kill innocents up to (and likely including) the time they are born and any innocents that have been born but try to protect themselves, their loved ones, their residences, etc.

I clearly seem to have gotten confused this morning by getting up on the wrong side of the bed or using body wash on my hair in the shower...
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    give the country soma (pot,likker cigs coffee ect)and they will not uprise[}:)]
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,094 ******
    edited November -1
    Working at the prison,the cons had all kinds of weapons,including guns both store bought and prison made.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,652 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I worked with people who's argument was
    If take away the guns and ammo of course ( out law any ownership ) sure it may take a generation maybe two but all the guns will be taken by then , or 99% at least the bad guys will not have access to get one to use
    it was like talking to a brick wall how stupid that line of thought was
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner
    I worked with people who's argument was
    If take away the guns and ammo of course ( out law any ownership ) sure it may take a generation maybe two but all the guns will be taken by then , or 99% at least the bad guys will not have access to get one to use
    it was like talking to a brick wall how stupid that line of thought was

Now now, what do you have against brick walls. They do serve a purpose unlike liberals
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

Easy.

And do get to ride the unicorns in your fantasy world He Dog???...

Jeez, I thought the green font was so obvious it would not be needed even for you Skippy. (Sounds just like Great Guns doesn't it?)

And hell yes on the unicorns.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to have CNC around before the price goes up. A man can never have too many beer openers.
  • Options
    SpiceTacSpiceTac Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun Control was never about controlling guns.
    Just controlling.
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The same way a wall will...
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cce1302

So, you abdicate just letting them in?

A physical barrier is as much as we can/could hope for.

The REAL solution, cutting off ALL benefits to Illegals, will never happen, although it should.

Keep em' out, Throw em' out, is my Mantra.

Hiring an Illegal/undocumented worker, should be a mandatory 2-5 years incarceration. No section 8, no welfare, no EBT card, no nothing.

Go Home.
  • Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1

The REAL solution, cutting off ALL benefits to Illegals, will never happen, although it should.

Hiring an Illegal/undocumented worker, should be a mandatory 2-5 years incarceration. No section 8, no welfare, no EBT card, no nothing.

Go Home.

and then some...?????????...
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Options
    edited November -1

You're right I won't keep them all out. But it will keep some of them...

Just like rats, if you live in an area that has rats, you won't keep them all out, but that doesn't mean you have to let them all in... All you can do is control the infestation to a minimum...

The best way to control the infestations of rats and illegal immigrants to a minimum is to cut off their food source... And close off all their entry points...

Just like rats, illegal immigrants will go back to where they came from if they don't have a food source...

Now that I'm finished with your hacking up this thread, back to the main subject...
  • Options
    bundybundy Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people are that think if we eliminate guns most of our murders wouldn't occur. So many women are afraid of a tool that if they have one it's like they have an extra 200 pounds of muscle and how many criminals would want to go up against a 300 pound muscular man? I gave one of my aunts a nickle plated S&W model 10 that she would carry when she and my uncle would go camping. They had a Honda 3 wheeled ATC that she liked to ride around on, she said on more than one occasion guys in a pickup would start following her but after she made it obvious that she was armed they didn't find her nearly so interesting and moved on.
  • Options
    kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    England outlawed guns and now London has a higher murder rate than New York City, both about the same population. Now they want to outlaw knives, especially pointy knives.
    They say, "No one need a pointy knife".
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agreed that like drug laws, gun laws do nothing to prevent criminals.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still save more lives by banning
    well you know.

2 DOA car thief's vigil....
    https://www.nj.com/news/2019/01/4-teen-girls-shot-while-attending-candlelight-vigil-1-critical-police.html

G'nite Gracie
  • Options
    kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mjrfd99
    Still save more lives by banning
    well you know.

2 DOA car thief's vigil....
    https://www.nj.com/news/2019/01/4-teen-girls-shot-while-attending-candlelight-vigil-1-critical-police.html

G'nite Gracie

If banning guns saves just one life!

We all know that private gun ownership has saved more lives than all the murders committed by criminals each year.
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1

Go Home.

At least you're inconsistent. And the word is "advocate," not "abdicate."