In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Thought I was passing along info for a 57 Corvette

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,686 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
Someone I knew from back when I was in the gun shop won one of my auctions and came by to pick his gun up.

He started telling me about a car he has had in his garage for more than 30 years and he was looking to sell it. Its a 57 Corvette. He said it doesn't run, but its just because its been sitting there all this time.

I wasn't paying close attention, but I thought I'd pass the info along to whoever I saw that I knew messed with cars. I could have SWORE that he said $4,000......but that was wrong.

So, the guy I had come look at the chimney/chipmunk problem that we have is always restoring cars with his father. I told him about it and he asked if I could get the info.

He called him and found out it was $40,000.00 He said that's probably still a steal....but its not in his price range.

He was probably so mad at me when he got through making that call.
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    Someone I knew from back when I was in the gun shop won one of my auctions and came by to pick his gun up.

He started telling me about a car he has had in his garage for more than 30 years and he was looking to sell it. Its a 57 Corvette. He said it doesn't run, but its just because its been sitting there all this time.

I wasn't paying close attention, but I thought I'd pass the info along to whoever I saw that I knew messed with cars. I could have SWORE that he said $4,000......but that was wrong.

So, the guy I had come look at the chimney/chipmunk problem that we have is always restoring cars with his father. I told him about it and he asked if I could get the info.

He called him and found out it was $40,000.00 He said that's probably still a steal....but its not in his price range.

He was probably so mad at me when he got through making that call.

I'm keeping an eye on your, "Buy now" listings![;)]
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well at least you got most of the numbers of the price [:D].
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea, forty has a four in it.... the devil is in the details.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you send me a contact number.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Can you send me a contact number.

Yes, I will be happy to give that to you......my email is mckaygunsales@gmail.com Send me a message and I'll get that to you.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got the box for that car!!!!!!!!!!

Vintage-Monogram-1957-57-Chevy-Corvette-Plastic-Model.jpg

21e2619db9e57e243500fbf1df17a943.jpg
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What happened to the picture???
  • Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should take some pictures and list it on GunBroker.
  • Options
    BUCKAWHOBUCKAWHO Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As of this month, my '69 has been in my garage for FIFTY YEARS ! BT
  • Options
    neacpaneacpa Member Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As Jethro on The Beverly Hillbillies said, "Them naught's don't mean a whole lot until you put a digit in front of them, then they become mighty powerful!!"
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babun
    I got the box for that car!!!!!!!!!!

Vintage-Monogram-1957-57-Chevy-Corvette-Plastic-Model.jpg

21e2619db9e57e243500fbf1df17a943.jpg

[:D][:D][:D][:D],,
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    babun- the exact car for your box is on ebay for $400. Again with a 4-number!
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kasey, I don't know why he would be upset at you. It's not like you're supposed to remember every little detail, including the price of something that you're not interested in.

I know I would not be upset at you that it wasn't the price you thought it was. On the contrary I would be very appreciative of the lead, even though it didn't pan out for me. The way I figure it is that you have to chase down every lead whether good or bad until you find the pot at end of the rainbow. Because when you do find that pot, you have finally struck Pay dirt... And if you don't chase after every lead, you'll never find it...

And if he was upset at you for it not being the price that you thought it might be, he's a butthead...

Just my opinion.