In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

84Bravo1

ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
Ken, wish you well today. Let us know how ya make out.
"...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales

Comments

  • ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this you Ken? I know how you are with your taco Bell[;)][}:)][:D]

    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,165 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1

    Its cold here but not like there. I think its about 19. I put the light in the pump house.
    RLTW

  • ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1* here about 0430. Unusual for this area, but just a normal daily high this time of year where I like to hang out back in the mountains.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    Just got back from second eye surgery. All good. Got the big eye wrap/patch going on. Have to go back again tomorrow at 10:00am to let them take bandages off and give a look see.

    Found some additional work he wanted to perform on Pre-Op. Dealing with some astigmatism as well as the cataract and replacing warped/distorted lens with a silicone implant.

    Quite a few cute friendly nurses, all good. [:D]


    Power came back on about midnight last night. Got up to reset clocks and the various heaters I am juggling. Turned off the Kersone heater and re-loaded the woodstove. Set the water to trickling. Made out okay.

    Thanks for asking Chris.
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 11,396 ******
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear all is well Ken! I was going to chime in with some moral support on your other post but found it had gotten hijacked.

    Losing power in these sub zero days is a nightmare I wouldn't wish on anybody! Hope your eye follow-up goes well!
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,165 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What did you opt for with the eyes?

    Close or far?

    My wife had hers done in Nov/Dec and it was a piece of cake.
    RLTW

  • 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    What did you opt for with the eyes?

    Close or far?

    My wife had hers done in Nov/Dec and it was a piece of cake.


    Surgeon and I discussed this in Pre-Op this AM. last eye was set up for about mid arm length on out. He is going to tune this one in for better up close vision.

    Yeah the Surgery is no big deal to go through. Cute Nurses leaning their boobs on me did not hurt either. [:D]
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 11,396 ******
    edited November -1
    Quote:"Yeah the Surgery is no big deal to go through. Cute Nurses leaning their boobs on me did not hurt either."

    I can always do without the surgery, but go out of my way to get a haircut from a nice looking female barber![:p]
  • gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,667 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had the multi-focal lenses put in both eyes last fall. Best thing I ever did for shooting. I can see near and far now. I can see the sights on the gun and the target now. No more glasses for me.
  • ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could ya do the driving back to the house??
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    Driver was necessary yesterday. They actually have you point out your driver when you are checking in, they verbally confirm, they are driving you home. After surgery, they actually escort you out to your car to insure you are not getting behind the wheel.

    This AM, (like last time,) I drove myself to my follow up appointment giving myself plenty of time, and being very careful.

    This eye had more work/incisions done than the last eye. Although already 75% or better than before, Surgeon said it will take 2-3 days before you fully can see and appreciate the full difference.

    Additional cuts made to the cornea to deal with astigmatism, as well as cataract removal, lens removal and new silicone lens implanted.

    I could already (immediatly after patch removal) read almost to the smallest line on the chart, before could only see the biggest E. Glad to get the patch off and be able to use my drops, antibiotic, N-said, Steroids. Makes it feel Mo betta.[:D]
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,449 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1
    Sitting back in the surgical unit, waiting to get bandages off, and see the improvement.

    Wearing the patch and bandages for 24hrs was brutal. Kept wanting to just rake it off and rub my eye. (A big no no.)



    Nurses look better or worse than when you went in?
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,165 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you going to have to wear glasses now?

    I have to use reading glasses 1.5x to see up close and I hate them. I have never worn glasses in my life and my far vision is really good and always has been. When I turned 52 my close vision started going and now at 59 its gone.
    RLTW

  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 11,826 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It looks and sounds like good news and a positive prognosis

    Over the last 2 weeks the oncologists and neurologist had a PET scan and a CT scan with contrast and a CT scan without contrast and an MRI and an X-RAY with radioactive dye and an ultrasound performed on my head...

    Today the team comparison reports were in and without the ability to do a biopsy or surgical removal / sampling there opinion is that the walnut sized abnormal mass / tumor in the sub arachnoid region just above the brain stem is now inactive and has shrunk and calcified - it has not advanced or spread and does not appear to be malignant

    They opine that whilst undergoing radiation treatment and platinum based chemotherapy for my stage IV colon rectal cancer the regimen effectively defeated the malignant growth

    I will have to have regular periodic scans and blood work / labs to monitor the situation

    Current exhaustive testing of the blood shows no precursors to indicate a return of cancer and also ago no left over remnants indicating I ever had cancer

    I gives me solace to know that when the cancer does return and kills me you will be able to read the obituary unaided

    No more blind man's bluff or Marco Polo or Mr Magoo or pirate or 3 blind mice or Alice's restaurant or Stevie Wonder jokes for now

    No more permanent beer goggles

    Mime
  • 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrmike08075
    It looks and sounds like good news and a positive prognosis

    Over the last 2 weeks the oncologists and neurologist had a PET scan and a CT scan with contrast and a CT scan without contrast and an MRI and an X-RAY with radioactive dye and an ultrasound performed on my head...

    Today the team comparison reports were in and without the ability to do a biopsy or surgical removal / sampling there opinion is that the walnut sized abnormal mass / tumor in the sub arachnoid region just above the brain stem is now inactive and has shrunk and calcified - it has not advanced or spread and does not appear to be malignant

    They opine that whilst undergoing radiation treatment and platinum based chemotherapy for my stage IV colon rectal cancer the regimen effectively defeated the malignant growth

    I will have to have regular periodic scans and blood work / labs to monitor the situation

    Current exhaustive testing of the blood shows no precursors to indicate a return of cancer and also ago no left over remnants indicating I ever had cancer

    I gives me solace to know that when the cancer does return and kills me you will be able to read the obituary unaided

    No more blind man's bluff or Marco Polo or Mr Magoo or pirate or 3 blind mice or Alice's restaurant or Stevie Wonder jokes for now

    No more permanent beer goggles

    Mime




    Mike, hard/difficult as I know it is, keep a Positive attitude and know that you have a huge following of those that care for you, think about you, and have you in their Prayers.

    -Ken-
  • ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a successful venture Ken. You've been thru a lot. It's good to hear things worked out for the best.

    Sam, I swore I'd never need reading glasses, but, yep, at about 55 the close-up stuff went south. Was even considering surgery to fix that along with a slight astigmatism that's jacking up my sight pictures. I've been using a pair of shooting glasses with a 1.5x magnifier at the very top of the lenses that has helped a great deal with my front sight handgun issues. The placement of the magnifier at the top only necessitates a slight dip of the head to get a clear view rather than the gymnastics for those with it at the bottom.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 11,826 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now with full depth and clarity - with full depth and richness of color - in all their glory and revealing fine detail...

    You can look again at the auction photos that capture Riccis nasty busted crusty cracked mangled malformed leprous non pedicured feet...

    You are now one less degree of Kevin Bacon from Bill Cosby

    Will you need drops or cream or ointment or antibiotics or other ongoing meds??? Will you need frequent follow up visits to monitor progress / post operative check ups???

    How long before they / an eye doctor can test your vision - when they will be certain your vision has stabilized - were they can test you for a new prescription for glasses???

    Mike
  • 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    Have a follow up with my Surgeon's office on the the 15th. They do a pretty comprehensive eye check up. I am hopeful I can get my prescription from them.

    My eye has progressed quite a bit since yesterday morning. Surgeon said, "this one will sneak up on you, over 2-3 days." (Had more work/incisions done to this one.) Last one was almost instantly better. Surgeon said additional incisions to the cornea will "take a few days before you can see to full capacity/capability."

    Already MUCH better than it was. Liking it.

    Regimen of three different eye drops 4 times a day until the 25th.



    This eye definately feels like it has more sand in it, than the last one.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    Are you going to have to wear glasses now?

    I have to use reading glasses 1.5x to see up close and I hate them. I have never worn glasses in my life and my far vision is really good and always has been. When I turned 52 my close vision started going and now at 59 its gone.

    I'm in the same boat. I must wear the same power readers, although I can still see close to perfect at virtually all other distances. My far distance vision is so good I can still spot small birds moving around in heavy brush 100 yards away. Mine became troublesome around 50 or so, and I am now 57.

    Really small print up close, I don't have a prayer of reading without glasses. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many choices when it comes to dealing with simple presbyopia.

    Glad your second procedure sounds like it worked out well Ken![;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    Are you going to have to wear glasses now?

    I have to use reading glasses 1.5x to see up close and I hate them. I have never worn glasses in my life and my far vision is really good and always has been. When I turned 52 my close vision started going and now at 59 its gone.

    I'm in the same boat. I must wear the same power readers, although I can still see close to perfect at virtually all other distances. My far distance vision is so good I can still spot small birds moving around in heavy brush 100 yards away. Mine became troublesome around 50 or so, and I am now 57.

    Really small print up close, I don't have a prayer of reading without glasses. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many choices when it comes to dealing with simple presbyopia.

    Glad your second procedure sounds like it worked out well Ken![;)]



    Thanks Brother. My vision from mid arm length on out is awesome.

    Close in (to read print and/or my Tablet) I am utilizing cheap 1.5-2.5 magnifier's. Will see what the options are once I heal up and can utilize prescription options. Up close/trying to read print, see my Tablet, I am screwed. Beyond mid arms length my vision is Awesome! Have not seen this good since I was 19-20.

    Very happy. Almost $2K out of pocket after insurance though. (Worth every penny.)
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    Are you going to have to wear glasses now?

    I have to use reading glasses 1.5x to see up close and I hate them. I have never worn glasses in my life and my far vision is really good and always has been. When I turned 52 my close vision started going and now at 59 its gone.

    I'm in the same boat. I must wear the same power readers, although I can still see close to perfect at virtually all other distances. My far distance vision is so good I can still spot small birds moving around in heavy brush 100 yards away. Mine became troublesome around 50 or so, and I am now 57.

    Really small print up close, I don't have a prayer of reading without glasses. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many choices when it comes to dealing with simple presbyopia.

    Glad your second procedure sounds like it worked out well Ken![;)]



    Thanks Brother. My vision from mid arm length on out is awesome.

    Close in (to read print and/or my Tablet) I am utilizing cheap 1.5-2.5 magnifier's. Will see what the options are once I heal up and can utilize prescription options. Up close/trying to read print, see my Tablet, I am screwed. Beyond mid arms length my vision is Awesome! Have not seen this good since I was 19-20.

    Very happy. Almost $2K out of pocket after insurance though. (Worth every penny.)
    Glad you spent the money to have a better quality of life,...can't take it with ya![:)]

    I have a friend that's been talking of having this surgery done for years now. He's too cheap to spend the money though, so he continues to deal with ever stronger prescription glasses that he curses constantly. The really stupid part is,....he wouldn't even miss the money.

    When the time comes for me,...I won't hesitate to have this procedure done.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 54,172 ******
    edited November -1
    Glad to see your good update!![^][^][^]
  • Cling2mygunsCling2myguns Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wish you a speedy recovery!
  • dhallz71dhallz71 Member Posts: 247 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1
    Have a follow up with my Surgeon's office on the the 15th. They do a pretty comprehensive eye check up. I am hopeful I can get my prescription from them.

    My eye has progressed quite a bit since yesterday morning. Surgeon said, "this one will sneak up on you, over 2-3 days." (Had more work/incisions done to this one.) Last one was almost instantly better. Surgeon said additional incisions to the cornea will "take a few days before you can see to full capacity/capability."

    Already MUCH better than it was. Liking it.

    Regimen of three different eye drops 4 times a day until the 25th.



    This eye definately feels like it has more sand in it, than the last one.
    Had the same thing done in October and November of last year. Dr, was right-give it a week, you`ll be surprised what things look like. I`ve worn glasses for 55 years, and now can see without them. Had the cornea incisions done and I can see the iron sights and the target now. No more glasses!! whoopee!!
Sign In or Register to comment.