In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Seriously?

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kind of rare and its a class III
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    Who knew what I carried was worth $64,000?

I know a couple Guys on guard duty in basic, had their M16's liberated, by gunmen (shotguns) at point blank range. (We did not have live ammunition anyway.) Ft. Lost in the Woods, MO. 1979.
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The proverbial $64,000 question? :lol:
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I doubt you carried one of those.

These were made in the very early 60's and had no forward assist, they were rifled 1:14".

When I went to Kirkuk Airfield one time in 2003 or 4 I saw a Air Force guy with an old M-16, no FA and triangle handguards.

My jaw dropped and I asked to check it out. Only the USAF had guns with no FA the Army required it after testing.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Green furniture too

along with the goofy flash hider old style charging handle and the lower receiver with no cut out.

My 1st M-16 I was issued was an old one too. I also had a CAR that was marked XM-177E2, I loved that gun.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    Okay, I went back and read the write up on it. It makes sense now. Sounds rare.

My bad, for not reading it to begin with, nor did I spot the no forward assist initially.

Different than what I carried/was issued. I thought the $64,000 was a little extreme at first glance. Can see what is going on now.