In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Idiot truck driver this morning

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
I was following this Stevens truck out of Limon, CO this morning, he was driving like an idiot. When the road turned into ice, 25MPH was near impossible to control but he kept going, saw this happen but we were still over a mile back and had to stop to see if we could get through. People on the ground had trouble walking it was so slick and this idiot just kept hammering along.

I?ll check tonite to see if my dashcam caught the crash and his driving

https://youtu.be/nyofC-SzMKg

Comments

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In conditions like that I worry more about the other drivers like that trucker.

Those conditions look like what I ran into one time in Maine. The road was a sheet of ice and the wind was howling.

Never saw so many trucks off the road from just being blown off by the wind.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Locally we had a tractor-tanker wreck, 8000 gallons of fuel spilled and ignited causing a huge fire. Drive escaped injury said he "swerved to miss a deer." I don't buy that BS for a second, my bet is he was driving to fast for conditions or was distracted. He likely did over a million in property damages. His current career field doesn't suit him.
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And then there's this guy driving with his phone, recording, talking on the two way, and telling how the road was ice and hard to drive at 25 mph. Professional drivers.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,102 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stay safe Lonnie, next few days in Northern Utah, Idaho and Wyoming are not going to be very nice conditions.

Mule
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the entire state of mt is under heavy snow warnings
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bet there is a lot of paper work associated with rolling a commercial truck. :o
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maalox wrote:
    I bet there is a lot of paper work associated with rolling a commercial truck. :o

For the cops, here atleast it's only one extra page for CMVs.
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And then there's this guy driving with his phone, recording, talking on the two way, and telling how the road was ice and hard to drive at 25 mph. Professional drivers.

Bawawawawahahaha
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lonnie,
    In case you might be headed home.
    Hwy 20 between Ashton/Island Park and Montana line ( Raynolds and Targhee passes are closed,)
    No estimates when it will open, lots more snow and wind in the forecast.
    I-15 between Spencer and Monida is open for now but is very marginal.

Mule