In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never carry cash anymore, I do accept it as rent tho... :mrgreen:
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Their will ALWAYS be something to trade LOL
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, it's really sad how many places will not accept cash these days.

Some motels require a credit card, and you cannot rent a vehicle unless have a credit card.

Sadly, the future will be worse.

:evil:
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still carry a little cash but I never use it except for garage sales or gun shows (I bring $1K++ to a gun show)
    I also except rent money in cash and for some reason all my 3 tenets paid in cash.
    Not sure why, a check would make more sense to me so I get no advantage taking their cash

While a cashless society is Bible prophecy it does make practical sense.
    As a Christian it also points to other things at least to me
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Should be interesting. Big Bro will then know it all...
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Governments want cashless because every detail of what you have/buy/sell will be compared to your tax records
    Basically it is a tax increase without increasing taxes
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back in the 1970's there was a magazine called OMNI. I used to subscribe to it. I stopped my subscription when a guy I think it was F. Lee Bailey wrote an article on cash. He said the government should force cashless exchanges across the board. His argument was then only criminals would use cash and be easy to track down. Even a garage sale should be cashless so the STATE can tax the sale and INCOME. Cash should be banned in business transactions so the tax man could trace the money. The slickest part is the bank get a chunk of every transaction plus a swipe fee. They can add up to a lot of money per month the bank rakes in for doing nothing. The buyer get hosed 15-30% on the purchase and the vendor pays blood money to be able to make the transaction.

I dumped the rag, it eventually went out of business. That article is still burning in my mind almost 40 years later it is coming true.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess who runs the banks...... tax man is coming... Just wondering what countries will not abide in the future?
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,167 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Max Headroom world. Their credit style was on a stick or pen. I suppose in today's term flash drive or a cell phone.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,431 ******
    edited November -1
    I like the version of that old Beatle's tune: "All You Need Is Love" with the word LOVE changed to CASH.