In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone have a steel lined gun belt for daily use?

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
Can you get through a metal detector with one?
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doc, I?m sure it will. We run 1000+ people thru our metal detectors daily and find all sorts of things inside belts/buckles. If you (or your better half) know anyone at the local courts I?m sure they?d check it for you. We regularly check people?s coats, bags, etc, for them prior to their departure for the airport to ensure there aren?t any stray rounds, knives and so forth they may have forgotten. TSA (Thousands Standing Around) has no sense of humor.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bottom line, it will set the alarm off.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give it a try-Post back when you're released..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If ya lived closer I?d be happy to check it for you Doc. I?m sure, if your better half is still in her same profession, she?ll have a contact who can do the same.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doc, it will set off metal detectors if they are set sensitively enough. Also a steal band inside leather will eventually separate. Only a question of time, but they will shift. I use Bull hide belts found on line: https://www.bullhidebelts.com/ I prefer the 1/4" Bull hide for carry.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,337 ******
    edited November -1
    Doc, I?m sure it will. We run 1000+ people thru our metal detectors daily and find all sorts of things inside belts/buckles. If you (or your better half) know anyone at the local courts I?m sure they?d check it for you. We regularly check people?s coats, bags, etc, for them prior to their departure for the airport to ensure there aren?t any stray rounds, knives and so forth they may have forgotten. TSA (Thousands Standing Around) has no sense of humor.
    Is that something that is commonly done or unique to your place?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure if it's done anywhere else, but the position of the guys here is that it's a courtesy we can extend if time allows. It only takes a second and "airport grief" could happen to any one of us. Regularly a stray round, small knife or similar shows up on the screen.