In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pawn Shop Guns

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
I went to my Moms house the other day and i was buying some tools and a man walked in with 3 guns. A old bolt action 12 gauge and a single shot shotgun with about all the blueing gone.

He had a beautiful rifle. He had a Leupold gold ring scope on it. Who made the rifle i am not sure. Im thinking it was an older Remington 700 with the nice stock on it.

He sold all 3 for 220 dollars. This was not in my daughters pawn shop but in another town by my Moms. I wanted so bad to say something. I would have paid 350 or more.

All i wanted was the rifle. :twisted:

Comments

• Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    So, why didn't you make the offer?

:?:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained :lol:
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,398 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:

To go into another man's place of business and try to shoot him out of the saddle........Pretty low rent, don't you think?
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:

To go into another man's place of business and try to shoot him out of the saddle........Pretty low rent, don't you think?

Agreed. Protocol/Civility dictates otherwise.

Care to be invited to never come back?

However, after the Seller left, an offer might have been proffered.

I somewhat found myself in the same position. Was in a Pawn shop/FFL in the process of receiving a firearm. Watched a transaction take place to my left. Waited until it was done, then made a good deal on a shotgun just purchased. (I knew what it was bought for. )
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You did the right thing. Wanna really really piss me off?? Get in the middle of a business deal. If the pawn shop had not bought the guns you would be fine to follow the gentleman outside and make an offer. You are a good man.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:

Agreed. Protocol/Civility dictates otherwise.

Care to be invited to never come back?

However, after the Seller left, an offer might have been proffered.

I somewhat found myself in the same position. Was in a Pawn shop/FFL in the process of receiving a firearm. Watched a transaction take place to my left. Waited until it was done, then made a good deal on a shotgun just purchased. (I knew what it was bought for. )

:lol:

I've worked in a pawn shop and had other shoppers attempt to purchase items the seller brought in to sell. That is the wrong thing to do. :evil:

However, there were times I purchased an item and once the transaction was completed, received an offer for it. Sometimes I'd sell it and sometimes not........depended on the offered amount and how quick the item would turn over historically.

You would be surprised, often a quick turn over is the best profit maker.

;)
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Around here if you pawn an item it sits until the one that got the money for it has the opportunity to come back to redeem it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Around here if you pawn an item it sits until the one that got the money for it has the opportunity to come back to redeem it.

An item that is pawned is held for the term of the pawn .. usually 30 days/month. If not redeemed, it's put out for sale.
    An item purchased is for sale once the purchase is complete.

Some states require a purchase be held 30 days/month before being put out for sale.
    Some states required a pawn be held 30 days/month AFTER the pawn is delinquent.

Laws vary from state to state.

• Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He?s paying the rent his deals... Now you can buy from him after he?s bought
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The scope may be worth more then the rest.
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not know the states law but i know the pawn shops law. Before the pawn shop can sell something they buy they have to wait 12 days.

I do not know if its the state law or the companys rule. Either way i could not have bought it.

If he would have left i would have bought them in the parking lot.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dav1965 wrote:
    I do not know the states law but i know the pawn shops law. Before the pawn shop can sell something they buy they have to wait 12 days.

I do not know if its the state law or the companys rule. Either way i could not have bought it.

If he would have left i would have bought them in the parking lot.

Wait 12 days or 30 days is a STATE requirement unless the business has such a requirement.

No such wait requirement in many states.