In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dangerous Jobs

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
I couldn't find my old post about dangerous jobs so I started another.

It seems to me the most dangerous job in America being a Rapper. They are getting shot down and killed every week it seems.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6871463/Rapper-Nipsey-Hussle-gunned-LA-clothing-store.html

and they have the dumbest names :shock:

C&P
Rapper Nipsey Hussle, who was shot dead just moments after meeting fans outside his clothing store in LA, was due to meet police today to discuss gang violence, it has been revealed.

The 33-year-old Grammy nominee was gunned down in Los Angeles just moments after posing for photos with fans and tweeting that 'having strong enemies is a blessing'.

Born Ermias Asghedom, the rapper was among three people shot outside the Marathon Store on Sunday afternoon at around 3.20pm.

On Sunday night, LA Police Commissioner Steve Soboroff tweeted that he and LAPD Chief Michel Moore were due to meet with Hussle and Roc Nation representatives to discuss gang violence today.

He wrote at 8.43pm: 'We (@LAPDChiefMoore and I ) were meeting , at the request of @NipseyHussle with him and @rocnation tomorrow at 4pm to talk about ways he could help stop gang violence and help us help kids. I'm so very sad.'

Police have not indicated if the meeting had anything to do with his death.
RLTW

Comments

• SoreShoulderSoreShoulder Member Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Edit: I started another thread so I am pulling my posts.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw that.

Like cRappers I would mark it down to lifestyle, personal choices and their culture which is a failure.

That may sound raycist but I consider it realist YMMV.
    RLTW

• 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Re: Ferguson protestors- if you have been engaged in criminal acts with other criminals, why is anyone surprised that some of your friends decided to whack you? How many were getting killed BEFORE the Michael Brown circus, and has that rate changed?
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would say working for the Clinton's would be high on the list. Your chance of turning up missing or dead by committing suicide by shooting yourself in the back of the head multiple times would be pretty high if you did something they didn't approve of.
    edited April 2019
    11b6r wrote:
    Re: Ferguson protestors- if you have been engaged in criminal acts with other criminals, why is anyone surprised that some of your friends decided to whack you? How many were getting killed BEFORE the Michael Brown circus, and has that rate changed?
    I started another thread so I am pulling my posts.
  • mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,707 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to agree with Smitty500mag . Although working for the Clintons needs to be expanded to having anything that may endanger them will get you dead.

A couple others might be in the lumber industry or the Alaskan crab business.

Just one more would be trying to survive in a mothers womb these days. Abortion is a growing business. All to many come out in pieces.
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rappers killing each other?????

Lets bring back the saturday night specials.
    With a modern update.....
    single shot, in 9mm, {cuase the "9" is de gun"], non-rifled barrel, self destructs after one
    shot, pearl handles and cheap engraving.
    We could sell a load of them.
    7889e980b7e7b52b557d754ded886558.png
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,245 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The job's not dangerous, it's a lifestyle they lead that is dangerous. Not one of them has been shot because they're rappers that kept their nose clean
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,245 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would say working for the Clinton's would be high on the list. Your chance of turning up missing or dead by committing suicide by shooting yourself in the back of the head multiple times would be pretty high if you did something they didn't approve of.

Yeah but if you do what your boss tells you to do in any profession you won't have any problems including working for the clintons.

So really working for the clintons is not a dangerous job. Not doing the job like they want you to do it, is dangerous ;)
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,367 ******
    edited November -1
    Just folks being folks.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Commercial fisherman have the highest mortality rate in the normal workplace. Most rock or hip hop musicians die from drug overdose or competition issue. Folks trying to earn a regular living earn a more honorable demise. My hats off to loggers and other hard working dudes including truckers and real dangerous traditional workers.

God bless the workers.
    "What is truth?'
  • Edspdog1Edspdog1 Member Posts: 225
    edited November -1
    Saw millers and tree climbers have one of the highest Worker's comp rates.
    Fellow fell across a big circle saw not far from me, DRT, sad times.
    edited November -1
    Even going to a memorial service or whatever is dangerous.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6875765/Mourners-injured-violence-erupts-Nipsey-Hussles-memorial.html

C&P
    One person has been stabbed and 19 were injured after violence broke out at a memorial for rapper Nipsey Hussle outside the Los Angeles store where he was shot dead a day earlier.

Scores of fans were holding a vigil at the Marathon Clothing store in the South Los Angeles neighborhood on Monday night when the disturbance occurred.

A Los Angeles Fire Department spokeswoman said they had received a report of a possible shooting or stabbing.

Dramatic footage showed the moment a stampede broke out as terrified fans fled across the parking lot where the memorial was being held.

At least two members of the crowd were critically injured and one injury was reportedly from a car hitting a pedestrian.

Well it looks like he was shot because he was a rat for the LAPD against his gang the rollin 60's Crips.
    RLTW

• ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dangerous jobs Sam? Ever had/heard of any of those?
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
    edited November -1

A few,

I worked in a sawmill and I worked for a peckerwood logging operation that did select cut timbering mostly for trees to turned into veneer.

I was a roofer for a while.

I did some other stuff too but it never paid all that good ;)

These Rappers though they get shot on a daily basis it seems. I am surprised anyone would want to be one, that and the music sux really bad.
    RLTW

edited November -1
    Yep, in an old family sawmill at an early age, shafts, pulleys, belts, unguarded blades, piles of timber everywhere. The "safety warning" for the mill came from my great grandfather and uncle "...pay attention boy or you're gonna get hurt". That said it all. Working hayfields baling, combining, etc at 12 years old, PTO shafts, old tractors with crap for brakes, worn out bailers, etc. Same admonishment. Funny thing, came thru those years with hardly a scrape. My later career, well, slightly different story. The rappers, thugs and wanna be pharmaceutical sales folks I spent much of my adult life shoving into body bags, just oxygen thieves with a very limited life expectancy.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be the military hands down on the most casualties.

serf

https://www.gijobs.com/11-dangerous-us-military-jobs/
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,811 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In some places in America this is called crime prevention.
    edited November -1
    Lol, I?m not going there Ken. I know of one guy-even referred to in a post as ?grey man?- who?s liable to sneak up on us both at the same time!
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:

It seems to me the most dangerous job in America being a Rapper. They are getting shot down and killed every week it seems.

With their lifestyle... play stupid games - win stupid prizes...
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Roofing always makes the top 5 most dangerous occupations.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
    edited November -1

"Rangers," they do a lot of KP duty, don't they? I hear that can be really hazardous. :D:lol::mrgreen:

You bet it can dude!
    RLTW

edited November -1
    shilowar wrote:
    In some places in America this is called crime prevention.

Or a retro active abortion.
    RLTW

• castingcasting Member Posts: 110
    edited November -1
    at one time it was underwater welder. And of course farming is always on the list.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,488 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Logging is the second most dangerous job in America. I am not a professional but I have cut down a lot of big trees. Whacked 80 or 90 trees over 90 feet tall to get the view from my log cabin.
    And one day, I dropped the big pine where I wanted, I began walking downhill, the tree began to slide, and I got caught under it and it landed on my right knee. Broke the thigh bone, the femur, right in the knee. That was a bad day.
    Dangerous job.

Right now I have the 9th most dangerous job, truck driver. I don't believe it is as dangerous as they say, not for the driver. I read up on a lot of truck wrecks, "Truck Hits Volvo." Yeah there were 3 fatalities, the three girls in the Volvo. Truck driver walked away.

I don't see this job as being that dangerous for the truck driver.
  • mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,707 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Skidded logs for awhile. Better keep on your toes doing that. Come way to close a couple times. I'm to big for the job of tunnel rat , but wouldn't want that job either . Come to think about it there are more than just a few jobs that can endanger your old age pension.
    Somewhat ironic is that mostly all my worst medical issues today are from medical errors, so I have to add patient.
    edited November -1
    Going to a cRappers funeral is dangerous too...............

4 People shot, a riot, cop cars destroyed and people beaten and trampled.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6914673/Four-people-shot-killing-one-middle-Nipsey-Hussle-procession-day-LA-memorial.html

C&P

Four people were gunned down, one fatally, on Thursday in California as fans celebrated the life of rapper Nipsey Hussle following his shooting death at 33 last month.

The victims aged between 30 and 50 were three black males and a woman who was also black, LAPD stated as they said about the South LA incident around 103rd and Main streets: 'We must stop this senseless violence.'

Cops said the suspects were in a gray Hyundai as a procession moved through the South LA area around 6.25pm on the day of his memorial event at Downtown LA's Staples Center.

The incident occurred about a 15 minute drive away from late music star's Marathon clothing store where he was killed in March.

12178524-6914673-People_stand_on_top_and_pose_with_graffiti_sprayed_on_an_LAPD_cr-a-97_1555046595153.jpg
    RLTW

edited November -1
    Evolution in reverse.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    agricuture, farming, ranching.....MANY ways to get maimed or dead......i could give you a gruesome list from around here.....been VERY lucky i am just worn out and not broke up or DOA
  • Edspdog1Edspdog1 Member Posts: 225
    edited November -1
    Add mortar mixer for a mason.
    My electrician and his helper were working on a job for me, new house going up beside where he was working. They hear someone screaming for help.
    Worker was mixing mortar and a loose sleeve got caught in the mixer, pulled him in up to his shoulder. Took rescue squad about 10 minutes to get to him and cut the paddle out of the mixer. Emergency traffic to nearest major hospital took about 45 minutes. Haven't heard any up dates but the electrician said it looked like he might loose the lower part of his arm. By the way the electrician is also the head of the local volunteer rescue squad and has been involved with fire and rescue over 50 years, just as soon as have him "pick up the pieces" as any medical doctor.
    edited November -1
    Now the chitbirds who went to nipsey's memorial service are selling the programs on fleabay :lol:

What a great bunch of whatever.

Even barry sotero sent the fambly and note, how nice.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6917965/eBay-rushes-remove-Nipsey-Hussle-memorial-programs-auctioned-1-000.html

C&P
    Nipsey Hussle's memorial program was being auctioned for more than $1,000 after the celebration of life in California on Thursday.

Fans were invited to attend the huge event venue in Downtown Los Angeles for free as they mourned the rapper who was slain March 31 outside his South LA clothing store.

But some people who managed to obtain a copy of the booklets showing images of the music star and pictures of his family, were using it as an opportunity to cash in on eBay.

It prompted the website to state they were cracking down on sellers trying to gain money from his tragic death at the age of 33 after he was shot several times.

'These booklets are prohibited under eBay's policies. Any items that attempt to profit from human tragedy or suffering are not allowed to be sold on eBay,' a spokesperson told TMZ Friday.

The website reports eBay plan on removing offending listings and telling users why it's against the rules.

It was after people even tried to sell the complimentary tickets to the star-studded memorial.

12217618-6917965-image-a-93_1555121809587.jpg

What a bunch of minstrels! Check out the video.

This whole deal from start to finish is more proof of a failed culture. cRapper gets shot by fellow gang member because he was going to help his hood and work with the police, shooter gets caught: dindonuffins, People have a memorial walk and 4 are shot one killed and others wounded from a stampede, memorial turns into a riot, They have a celebration of life that is free and people try to sell the programs on ebay, Stevie Wonder calls for gun control :roll:

What a bunch of loosers
    RLTW

edited November -1
    Now its not even safe to be friends with a cRapper!

These two douchbag cRappers killed two of their "Friends" for financial gain. I guess he needed some scratch to pay for his gold toofs.

9800664-6949293-image-a-38_1555995997364.jpg

C&P

cRrapper YNW Melly is facing the death penalty in the double homicide of two of his close friends.

YNW Melly, whose real name is Jamell Demons, 19, and Cortlen Henry, 20, were arrested by the Miramar Police Department in February.

They were both charged with two counts of first degree murder for the October 2018 deaths of Christopher Thomas Jr, 19, and 21-year-old Anthony Williams.

The Broward County, Florida, State Attorney's Office revealed their intent to seek capital punishment.

Prosecutors said Demons committed the crime for financial gain and they are seeking the death penalty due to the 'especially heinous, atrocious or cruel' nature of the murders.

Authorities said the murders were 'committed in a cold, calculated, and premeditated manner without any pretense of moral or legal justification'.

In February, police said forensic evidence led them to determine Demons as the suspect who gunned down the two men before he staged the killings as a drive-by with the help of Henry.

The rapper, who recently released the hit track 'Mixed Personalities' with Kanye West, took to his Instagram page hours before his arrest writing: 'To all my fans and supporters, no I did not get locked up in Washington, but I am turning myself in today.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6949293/Rapper-YNW-Melly-faces-death-penalty-double-homicide-two-friends.html

The article has some great pictures of this minstrel * nozzle.
    RLTW

edited November -1
    Who was it that Nipsey was Hussling?
    edited November -1
    More cRappers getting shot at and killed. I guess there are some people who really don't like their music(Myself included)and are willing to kill to make it stop ;)

Link:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7033583/Atlanta-rapper-targeted-drive-shooting-left-one-person-vehicle-injured.html

C&P
    1. A Georgia-based rapper's vehicle was shot up during a drive-by over the weekend, making him the fourth artist targeted within a span of three days.

YFN Lucci's red Mercedes-Benz SUV was hit with a hail of bullets Friday night in Atlanta.

It's unclear if the 28-year-old, whose real name is Rayshawn Lamar Bennet, was in the vehicle at the time of the shooting.

However, the driver of Lucci's vehicle suffered a gunshot wound, according to TMZ.

Lucci's driver was reportedly shot in the shoulder when the suspects opened fire on the SUV.

Photos shows the vehicle riddled with more than a dozen bullet holes that tore through the rear window and door. Bullets also pierced the back tire of the SUV.

2. The shooting was reported on Wednesday, but it occurred during the same weekend three other rappers were targeted in shootings.

Earlier on Friday, two party buses filled with rapper Young Thug's team were shot up in Miami. Young Thug was not involved in the shooting, but he did arrive to the scene later.

A spokesperson for Young Thug told TMZ that Young Thug 'did not get shot at'.

According to the spokesperson, the shots were aimed at DJ Keyz, who was one of three people injured.

Another man and a woman were injured after a car passing the entourage along Interstate 95 opened fire.

3. In the most notable weekend shooting, gunmen in a passing Cadillac Escalade opened fire on rapper NBA YoungBoy as he and his 10-member entourage exited Trump International Beach Resort Miami in Sunny Isles Beach on Sunday afternoon.

Those shots wounded the rapper's 19-year-old girlfriend, Kaylyn Marie Long, and grazed a five-year-old bystander.

The cRappers have some very colorful names and they roll with a crew, which is I guess are just a bunch of useless hangeron's who tell the cRapper how great they are and how their music doesn't suck. In exchange they get gold teeth and crappy jewelry, plus they get shot at.

What a life :shock:
    RLTW

edited November -1
    The getting shot at, and occasionally actually hit, seems to boost one's stature in their narrow little universe. If they want to do that, by all means, have at it. I'd even work with them to assist in improving their weapons skills with an aim (pun intended) towards increasing the mortality rate. What does chap my hind parts the most however, is the time and resources these oxygen thieves sap out of our Shock Trauma units. Once-maybe, twice-uh, no, a third time they ought to be turned away at the door for being a frequent flyer unless they're being brought in to harvest some "spare parts" for transplants. The trauma unit costs in this area alone from these idiots and their ilk are in the hundreds of millions a year, all so they can be healed up, go out, and do it all over again using up bed space and resources legitimate citizens need.
    edited November -1
    ChrisS what amazes me is what a true minstrel act these clowns are.

The make Al Jolson look tame in comparison.
    RLTW

edited November -1
    Someone used the term "evolution in reverse", can't say I disagree. Overall though, it seems as if we're witnessing the rapid decline of modern civilization. Or, to put it in more indiscreet terms, today's society is like the proverbial turd swirling in the toilet bowl going around faster and faster all the time.
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 25,006 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    per a old old SNL skit the most dangerous job a "crack whore"
    edited November -1
    Update on the cRapper who was killed in Miami; AAB Hellabandz(Whatever the F that means).

Well they have the shooter on surveillance camera.

Here is a link:
    https://www.local10.com/news/florida/miami-beach/surveillance-video-shows-gunman-who-fatally-shot-rapper

The cops give a very detailed description of the suspected gunman BUT they leave one one detail, want to guess what it is?

Height?
    Weight?
    Clothes colors?
    Shoe color?
    Hair Color?
    Rayce?
    Direction of travel?

Come one I know you can get it on the 1st try.

OH and they come to find out the dead cRapper was wanted in Atlanta for attempted murder and armed robbery :shock: How can this guy be cRapping at a concert in Miami FL when he has active warrants in Atlanta GA? Its not like he is hiding or living in a safe house.
    RLTW

edited November -1
    Darwin?s Theory is proven yet again.