In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I usually remove

Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
butt plates and grips of guns I'm selling and I sometimes find things. Today under the butt plate of a Remington 510 I found a small roll of paper with the owners name address and phone number dated 18 Apr 1960. Ain't that cool??? The rifle was made in Mar.1948.

Comments

• Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe you ought to look him up and see if he wants to buy it back. That would be a nice gesture and he may even give you more than what it's worth.
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will do that. Thank you Buddy.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Strange, I have done that through the years. On a German 22 bolt there was a paper in there a a doctor and his address dated 1939 --
    On a very early R.E.M. 870 I found two twenties, period correct Strange
    Not telling anyone about the Winchester lever that had a map to the Lost Dutchmans mine that they had found. That's my secret -
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

I do the same : Most of the time :

Have found an old hunting license and a few things this way ???

Never can tell !

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will do that. Thank you Buddy.

I hope it works out for you, I know if I got rid of again years ago I would want it back. And I would pay more than what it's worth to get it back. That's just me

But then I have never sold a firearm in my life, but I have given a few away to my kids. And one of my kids sold what I gave him. One of which was a pre-64 Winchester model 94 that I inherited from my dad, and he had won it in a big buck contest. I would give anything to get it back... and when I say anything, I wouldn't care what the cost was. I would give it

By the way, when I was a kid about six or seven years of age, my dad had a 510 that he bought as a trainer for us kids. We went out hunting deer and I had forgot to lock up the rifle in the front end of the stick up, and left it in the back. It was stolen, so if that 510 is from Utah, PM me with the person's name. And if it is that one please let me have the opportunity to buy it from you. I know 50 some odd years later it is no longer my or my family's gun. But I would be happy to buy it
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do the same, and told my grandson it might be a good idea on a new Mossberg bolt he bought. Cant figure out how it is connected?
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i usually remove mattress tags, even tho i think its illegal :D:D:D
  • Options
    fatcat458fatcat458 Member Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    0nly if they're 0ccupied
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1