In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

how about a website to buy your gun back from previous buyer

buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
how about a website where buyer/seller can match up and sell back previously owned guns.

like, you have some guns. you list the ones you would be willing to sell back to a previous owner.

or, you sold some guns. you list the ones you want to buy back.

it doesn't even have to be an exact description. could be something like "my grandfather had a Colt SAA that looked like such-and-such, he was in this town, if you have it I want to buy it"

(all free, of course)

because I was already thinking about doing a stolen guns website, there's only 1 left (hotgunz.com) and it has problems with functionality. if I could do that, it would be a small step to do a similar website matching up previous sellers/buyers who want to buy their gun(s) back.

whaddya think. yea/nay
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,700 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,062 ******
    edited November -1
    The idea itself is really cool,however, I feel
    Folks today are way too mobile,relocate often
    Grandpa's gun is probably on fourth owner or more in several states away,yet alone not same city
    Would need serial numbers of each gun,or a gun registry,

I support guys looking for thier old guns,and it has been done,but I don't want a gun registry
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,062 ******
    edited November -1
    only 3 replies out of 170 views ????
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    only 1 gun out the several i have sold outright, i would like back, if i could buy it for the price i sold it for. Saiga 308
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For what it is worth, used to be if you had not kept track of your GB slaes and buys you were screwed now you can generate a report in 15 min and get every gun bought or sold on GB :)
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wait, would you not buy it back from the present owner? A previous owner, including you, no longer has the gun. Can't think of one I have sold I would want back, but I do have a couple no one else is dumb enough to buy. :oops:
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Before I vote....

Does the BATF get a special login password, or do they just have to use the regular login?

:shock:
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    Does Gunbroker not exist?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    discusdad wrote:
    only 1 gun out the several i have sold outright, i would like back, if i could buy it for the price i sold it for. Saiga 308

okay, the idea would be to list that one, it could stay there however long you want it posted (for years or whatever) and if the buyer happens to look, and would be open to selling it back, he can contact you about it. I suppose the contacting would have to be anonymous to protect from spam etc.
    mogley98 wrote:
    For what it is worth, used to be if you had not kept track of your GB slaes and buys you were screwed now you can generate a report in 15 min and get every gun bought or sold on GB :)

you could use the website for any gun you want to list, irregardless of when it was sold or where. even looking for your grandpa's gun for example.
    He Dog wrote:
    Wait, would you not buy it back from the present owner? A previous owner, including you, no longer has the gun. Can't think of one I have sold I would want back, but I do have a couple no one else is dumb enough to buy. :oops:

well then you wouldn't have anything to list. the others you can sell on Gunbroker. try a penny auction. somebody will buy it.
    babun wrote:
    Before I vote....

Does the BATF get a special login password, or do they just have to use the regular login?

:shock:

NO and NO
    Does Gunbroker not exist?

the idea behind this website would be to specifically contact your buyer (anywhere, anytime you sold your gun) to negotiate about getting it back. tell me how Gunbroker is going to help you find somebody who bought your gun 25 years ago at some gun show.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    or after it has changed hands a few times. somebody looking through the listings finds that gun... "hey, I have it! guy wants to buy it back. here goes..." so he contacts the previous owner, they make a deal, and they're both happy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My point was you would not buy your gun back from the previous owner, if you were buying it back you would buy it from the person you sold it to, not the person you bought it from, which would be the previous owner.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't see where I said that anywhere.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My bad, you did say previous buyer, somehow I read owner. :oops: