In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

DAMN sure NOT equal

spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in Politics
muslim terrorists kill over 250 in Sri Lanka in attacks on churches and hotels ....and......Buddhist mobs responded damaging muslims shops and homes and vandalized mosques killing ONE muslim.............SO...........police arrested over 70 as the muslims cried the attacks were organized and rioters came into their areas ....the PRIME MINISTER of the country said " we cannot allow innocent people to be victimized like this" ???????????????????????? and declared a curfew............250 to 1 ???????? and the tip of the muslim agenda is surfacing in AMERICA ..if you look close

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Living in fear of a fundamentalist sect is a dangerous thing.

Look what the Christian Conservatives tried to do to the GOP and the religious Atheists are doing to the Dems.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Look what the Christian Conservatives tried to do to the GOP and the religious Atheists are doing to the Dems.
    The Atheists are being associated with the Democrats and that won't buy the Dims many votes, personally I wouldn't covet that association because where would the Atheists go except the Dims?,,, but what did the Christian conservatives try to do or have done to the GOP? An example is worth a thousand words.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    droptop wrote:

The Atheists are being associated with the Democrats and that won't buy the Dims many votes, personally I wouldn't covet that association because where would the Atheists go except the Dims?,,, but what did the Christian conservatives try to do or have done to the GOP? An example is worth a thousand words.

In my opinion, the 'Moral Majority' as put forth by Jerry Falwell set the GOP back years with regard to Civil Liberties. From the early 80's continuing through to today, GOP Candidates are expected placate Christian Conservatives to gain office.

I don't really have an issue with most of the moral positions of the Christian right, but I do have an issue with the pushing of some of these moral issues on the Federal Level.

2 Examples:

I attended a couple of county GOP conventions and one state GOP Convention during the McCain and Romney runs.

Each and each speaker was apparently told to say two things.

1. Life begins at conception.
    2. Marriage is between 1 Man and 1 Woman.

These are fine personal beliefs, but they are not practical for a national campaign.

1. If human life begins at conception there should, by definition, be no legal abortion permitted after conception. This is not a practical approach, though it is a valid moral position until your daughter or wife gets gang raped at the wrong time.

2. The definition of marriage has tax and survivorship ramifications. I don't see anything in the Constitution about defining marriage, and I am fairly certain that the institution had been created by the late 18th Century. Amendments 9 and 10 tell me that the definition of marriage is either a power of the states or a right of the individual.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marriage is a Religious tenet between a man and woman. If you want a legal contract, sign a will, set up a trust etc.

I do not believe government should be involved and no tax breaks or penalties assessed based on a marital status, if we are all equal, we must all be treated the same.

But I assure you, there is no greater relationship than that of a man and woman. No matter what you or anybody thinks about same sex relationships, that is all they ever will be, they are never going to be the superior relationship that a man and woman can achieve and that has been called marriage. No amount of changing the definitions is going to diminish the ultimate relationship of man and woman. The next great relationship would probably be the product of that relationship, being the child, a sacred achievement on any level. ;)