In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

new face on the $20

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
I didn't know that barry had ordered the change of the 20 dollar bill in 2016.

Well it looks like Pres Trump stalled it and so jack wagon has made and sold a stamp to put Harriet Tubman's face over Old Hickory.

Itsn't this illegal?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7067271/Artist-designs-stamp-Harriet-Tubmans-face-Andrew-Jacksons-20-bills.html

C&P
Stamps designed to imprint Harriet Tubman's face on the $20 bill have sold out, a day after the Trump administration delayed plans to feature the Civil War hero on the currency.

New York-based artist Dano Wall first created the stamps two years ago to celebrate the Obama administration's 2016 plans to put the female abolitionist on the note by 2020.

But on Wednesday, Trump's Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Tubman would not replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill until 2028.

Trump has previously called the inclusion of Tubman on the note an example of 'pure political correctness'.

Wall sells the stamps on Etsy, and in a note uploaded on Thursday night he wrote: 'There has been a surge of interest in this stamp given the recent news out of the Treasury Dept. I tend to restock the shop with new stamps every week or so, please check back for availability.
'

I haven't seen one yet and hope I never do :o
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not understand why Trump weighed in on this.

I am not a fan of the change, but then I am not a fan of anything changing.

Sure, putting Tubman on the Twenty is a politically correct maneuver. So what? It is not a big deal.

Trump seems to go out of his way to get under peoples' skin.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rather see it the way it is...

The gallant men that forged this country belong on its currency.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wpageabc wrote:

Well said Sir.

(And) Obama was the one trying to, and suceeding in getting under Peoples skin. The most divicive President (in term of Race relations,) in modern history. Took us back 50 years in that respect.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I need to get one of those stamps, that would look good on my toilet paper
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,185 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let the banks eat them, I best not get one from my bank or I'll withdraw every damn dollar (in cash) I have while standing right there...and I won't mind the wait :evil:

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pass it back..two tens
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Isn't defacing government property of federal offense?

If not I'll make up a bunch of stamps and sell them with Trump's face on it to put on the $100 bill :D

For now I'll just buy one of those stamps and stamp my toilet paper before I wipe my rear end
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wpageabc wrote:

Well said Sir.

(And) Obama was the one trying to, and suceeding in getting under Peoples skin. The most divicive President (in term of Race relations,) in modern history. Took us back 50 years in that respect.

Yep, nailed it and thank GOD we have a POTUS that likes to get under PC leftist DEMOCRAT skin.
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What would be so wrong with a dog or horse on the bill instead?

I'd be OK even with a firearm depiction, even a Glock instead of these politically charged people.

You would think they want to unite us all, instead of dividing.

Think I'll make up some stickers of my own. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jeez, it is not like twenties are worth anything.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He Dog wrote:
    Jeez, it is not like twenties are worth anything.

$20 in the 1800's is worth in buying power $405 today

Is inflation a kick in the rear
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,609 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    will not matter my guess with in a hundred years way less actually , all cash will be a thing of the past . personal cards or implanted chips will track all people have and do so big brother can keep a better eye on us .. I mean help guide and suggest what we need for the best
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our paper money has traditionally had a portrait of a past president. It should stay that way. Look at the circulation of coins with portraits of Susan B. Anthony and Sacagawea , witch are simply a waste of tx payer money to produce. This would be the same, and its concept of creation would also be the same. I say save the paper money for former presidents instead of trying to appease political niches.

Either that or go back to icons like Ms. Liberty, the North American Bison, Mt. Rushmore, or similar. Stick commemoratives on the 1/2 dollar as done in the past.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,185 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mnrivrat48 wrote:
    Our paper money has traditionally had a portrait of a past president. It should stay that way.

Benjamin Franklin ($100 bill) kills that argument there...............thought you might want to know :oops: ........but on your feelings I agree 100%

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    wpageabc wrote:

Well said Sir.

+1

I know Jackson is a somewhat controversial figure. The Indians hate him and he was a slave owner. He was impeached in the house and almost in the senate.

But he was a war hero and a very brave man.

I think Presidents and Founding fathers should be on our Money. If you want to get rid of Old Hickory on the 20 maybe replace him with:
    - William Ellery, he lost everything in the war and after the war he was a very vocal opponent to slavery

- John Adams the 2nd POTUS he doesn't get much respect because Hamilton and Jefferson were very critical of him.

- James Madison the 4th POTUS and the Father of the Constitution and a great Republican.

IMO if anyone should be pulled off of a Bill its Hamilton. Hamilton was a big Government big bank guy, that is why the stupid Hamilton play is so popular with all the libtards. Hamilton was a bully and braggart but Burr shut his mouth ;)

Harriet Tubman has no business on any form of currency.
    RLTW

• Options
    reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Harriet Tubman has no business on any form of currency."

+10,000
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Water off of a blind duck's back.
    What's next?
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wpageabc wrote:

Well said Sir.

I agree with both of you 100%, but it is instructive to note that Trump did not cancel the change, just put it off until well after his Presidency will be over.

If one is going to take a stand; take it and justify it.

This move doesn't make any sense in that regard.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with both of you 100%, but it is instructive to note that Trump did not cancel the change, just put it off until well after his Presidency will be over.

If one is going to take a stand; take it and justify it.

This move doesn't make any sense in that regard.
    [/quote]

Works for me. I'm old enough that by that time I will be taking a dirt nap.
  • Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...........Trump did not cancel the change, just put it off until well after his Presidency will be over.

If they are dealing with that they will not be as much of a problem else where.
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMO Barry butthead did it 'cause Tubman was a negro female and he could get at least one old white guy off US currency.

I pleased Trump trashed the idea and our currency will remain as it.

I approve. 8-)
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    fatcat458fatcat458 Member Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The lndians hate 0le Andy because their lands were seized and they were deported/removed from the southern U S after the War of 1812.
    This action was taken by our Govt because the lndians sided with the British during that War.. A good deal of that seized lndian land was given to US Army Veterans of the War.. My gr gr gr gr granddaddy Pugh Floyd of Horry County, South Carolina was given a nice chunk of lndian land for his service.. Two Hund yrs ago our govt didn't take too kindly to Enemies of the State or treason.. Even NOW some still don't think its OK to take up arms against 0ne's country. l guess 0le Andy didn't think it was right. Sooo, he eliminated the Problem ;)
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't defacing government property of federal offense?

If not I'll make up a bunch of stamps and sell them with Trump's face on it to put on the $100 bill :D

For now I'll just buy one of those stamps and stamp my toilet paper before I wipe my rear end
    :idea: Good idea but be careful of papercuts.
    '
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    IMO Barry butthead did it 'cause Tubman was a negro female and he could get at least one old white guy off US currency.
    Yeah - way too much of that. Let?s stop being so politically correct and trying to make changes to day to make up for past issues.

All that bad stuff happened long before anyone that?s alive was born. Stop already!
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,413 ******
    edited November -1
    I will just use an old quote from Red Fox playing Fred Sanford talking about his mother in law. " I could use your face for a mold to make gorilla cookies!" :o

That is all I have to say about this issue.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You know when its all said and done you could call her a traitor because she was a supporter and aided in the raid on Harpers ferry by John Brown.

But whatever is said about her she has no business on any US currency, There are many more "qualified" people. Maybe a commemorative coin or a limited run quarter but no way to replace a former POTUS on a Bill.

Like I said above I would rather see Madison on the $20
    RLTW

• Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    don't need it changed, what did Jackson do to be covered up ?
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pip5255 wrote:
    what did Jackson do to be covered up ?

He did what needed to be done. We need to stop judging historical figures by today?s ludicrous standards...
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't care if they put Obama's face on them I'll take as many as you folks want to give away. :)

I disagree with the change but hell I disagree with lots of things that have changed
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!