In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Heat Index 95

beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
Several days like this and more to come. Our AC doesn't stay off long. Thermostat set at 77 with ceiling fans running.
0M9InwN.gif[

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heard you Brother.

My AC is also set at 77*. It is about 88 outside now.

At least is still gets cool at night so far. 60* or so.

Relaxing and enjoying my 3 day weekend. Woohoo!!

I usually work a 6 day week every other week. So this is nice.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ceiling fans move the air, to cool you by evaporation, but they do add heat to the room.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AC going and trying to take out some of the humidity since it has rained 8 days straight and Hello sump pump
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    96 degrees+52% humidity (which is actually rather low for central Florida) equals- according to my public school math, a Heat Index of 148. The AC is set at 79, ceiling fans are running in the living room, in my office, and in my study. A large dehumidifier is running in the kitchen (it covers the master bedroom, kitchen, dinning room and the living room), while a smaller unit handles the office, the study and the back bathroom.

The fight against humidity is in full swing. It's 42% inside, which is a bit higher than I like.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank God for Air Con Diddo...
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was hot today. Thank god there was a little breeze.
    RLTW

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My ac quit on Saturday , while I was at work . Came home and installed window units from the shop . They are keeping us cool My buddy just left from here a few minutes ago . Ac unit had cut off from thermal overload . Evaporated coils were stopped up. Cleaned them and unit is working good . Going to hedge my bets and leave the window units in for a while though 😂Thankful for good friends
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just came back from a 40 mile drive, and my truck readout was saying 100 degrees,....I believe it. It's actually not that bad, as the humidity is low for here, so it feels very dry.

Says 95 now, with 34% humidity. Supposed to be 70 tonight, and back to triple digits tomorrow.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    96 degrees+52% humidity (which is actually rather low for central Florida) equals- according to my public school math, a Heat Index of 148. The AC is set at 79, ceiling fans are running in the living room, in my office, and in my study. A large dehumidifier is running in the kitchen (it covers the master bedroom, kitchen, dinning room and the living room), while a smaller unit handles the office, the study and the back bathroom.

The fight against humidity is in full swing. It's 42% inside, which is a bit higher than I like.
    Actually it's 109 degrees at your readings,....you'd be dead pretty quickly at 148.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/heat-index#how-to-calculate-the-heat-index
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Scorcher here in SC.. 99 today and looking at about 5 days in a row at 100. Heat pump is cycling at 75 in our home.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,042 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Right about 90 here in the ?Ville today, rain has helped cool things off a bit. Upstairs thermostat set at 70, ground floor thermostat set at 72
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's 93 degrees here at 7:00 PM and the humidity is unusually low at 30%. I haven't seen the humidity this low in a long time.

We keep our thermostat set on 73 year around.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Marc1301 wrote:

Actually it's 109 degrees at your readings,....you'd be dead pretty quickly at 148.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/heat-index#how-to-calculate-the-heat-index

I stand corrected. I thought it was temperature plus humidity.