In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trump has kept most his campaign promises

remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in Politics
This article is titled "Trump Maybe most honest president in modern history". Quite a good about how he has kept more campaign promises then any other president in modern history. Or at least tried to keep them but was shot down by the Liberals and rhinos. when you hear a lot of people on here complaining about how Trump has not kept his promises. Maybe they should look at the reasons why he did not, and quit blaming him because he can't get the house and Congress to work with you...

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/os-op-trump-most-honest-president-20181017-story.html

Comments

• Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He hasn't given up on a single campaign promise, You are right it's too bad the DIM's not only won't lift a finger in the house but constantly barrage everyone with FAKE NEWS 24/7,, OK if not totally fake, blown out of proportions.

The DIM's are so concentrated on removing Trump they fail to understand the damage they causing to their own country and constituents.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    droptop wrote:
    He hasn't given up on a single campaign promise, You are right it's too bad the DIM's not only won't lift a finger in the house but constantly barrage everyone with FAKE NEWS 24/7,, OK if not totally fake, blown out of proportions.

The DIM's are so concentrated on removing Trump they fail to understand the damage they causing to their own country and constituents.

The reason why they're trying to get rid of Trump is because they know that if he stays in office, their stealing from America Cash Cow will dry up
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The economy he gets an A from me. But one campaign promise he has broken was protecting the 2nd Amendment. On that promise he gets an F from me. ?The eight year assault on the 2nd Amendment is over?....except for a bumpstock ban by executive order, red flag laws and ?I don?t like silencers and might have to ban them.?
  • Options
    AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He hasn't come close to fulfilling his most important campaign promise, Hillary in jail.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So far, so good!
    I can't imagine where we would be if Billary was President again.
    Or, if the mainstream media reported the truth rather than sensationalized made up stories(FAKE NEWS!).

Trump 2020!
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my one question to anyone I talk to who is bashing him is, are you better off now than before he was elected. even though most are,not very many will admit it, or they try to give credit to Obammy........
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AzAfshin wrote:
    He hasn't come close to fulfilling his most important campaign promise, Hillary in jail.

As Barzillia would say "it's being built brick by brick" :lol:,.......some plans take time to come together and this is one of them.....it'll be worth the wait ;)

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hillbille wrote:
    my one question to anyone I talk to who is bashing him is, are you better off now than before he was elected. even though most are,not very many will admit it, or they try to give credit to Obammy........

EXACTLY.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you consider the roadblocks the house has put up. Not to mention fools in the senate like Pelosi and Schumer. Trump has done a dam good job keeping most of his promises.

Agreed when considering the damage Clinton would have done had the left won. The country would be in a major mess.

Looking ahead to 2020 Trump must tighten up on his 2nd amendment stand. Get the wall built. End the illegal alien mess. He must find a way to reach parity between the two sides and have them start working together to fix real problems instead of creating falsities.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    edited November -1
    AzAfshin wrote:

It took two years of Investigation on Trump if I doubt he's innocent. It'll take a little longer to dig up ALL the dirt on Hillary, but there's no doubt in my mind that he's working hard to dig it all up before he prosecutes
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    weelllll.....he is trying to put AMERICA FIRST...more than any other prez of late and anyhooo, watching is more fun than any sitcom on TV
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup and he went above and beyond (some might say over stepped). The swamp seems deep still. Need a bigger and better way to drain.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yoshmyster wrote:
    Yup and he went above and beyond (some might say over stepped). The swamp seems deep still. Need a bigger and better way to drain.

Swampland cannot be drained overnight, and there is no doubt that the liberals and rhinos that have put him through the wringer investigating him, he has also been doing his own investigations on them so that he can drain the swamp. It might be that he's just waiting for the right time to hand out all his indictments against them... there's one thing about Trump, he's not stupid and most people underestimate him. And I think that's what's happening to the Liberals and rhinos in the capital. They're under estimating him and think they got the tiger under control, but they only have the tiger by the tail and that tiger will turn around and bite their heads off when the time is right for the good of the United States
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ruger41 wrote:
    The economy he gets an A from me. But one campaign promise he has broken was protecting the 2nd Amendment. On that promise he gets an F from me. ?The eight year assault on the 2nd Amendment is over?....except for a bumpstock ban by executive order, red flag laws and ?I don?t like silencers and might have to ban them.?
    None of the Fudds here are bothered by any of those things you mentioned.

Notice how very few of them even comment on his second amendment stance? :lol:
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marc1301 wrote:
    ruger41 wrote:

Your better (winnable) Candidate would be - ??

You would prefer Hillary or perhaps Bernie?

Yes he is not perfect. I am still happy I voted for him. The alternative was unthinkable.

Oh yeah,...........................................................................................................Not a Fudd.

If the Obstructionist would have got the hell out of his way, he would have accomplished a lot more.

I support POTUS Trump.

Have I mentioned, ............................................................................................Not a Fudd?
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This article is titled "Trump Maybe most honest president in modern history". Quite a good about how he has kept more campaign promises then any other president in modern history. Or at least tried to keep them but was shot down by the Liberals and rhinos. when you hear a lot of people on here complaining about how Trump has not kept his promises. Maybe they should look at the reasons why he did not, and quit blaming him because he can't get the house and Congress to work with you...

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/os-op-trump-most-honest-president-20181017-story.html

Sadly, the Dems and the majority of the media have brainwashed tens of thousands and millions across the world that Trump is the worst US President ever.........and the firmly believe it.

:evil: :twisted:
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Marc1301 wrote:
    ruger41 wrote:

Anyone that has ever seen anything I post here would never even suggest such a thing,....that's just an asininely stupid statement/question.

It IS possible,...at least for me,...to be in favor of many things a politician does, and not in favor of others. The simple way of reading that is, I was 'specifically' referring to his second amendment stance. I am not happy with it,......get it?

Whether you like to admit it or not, there are a number of members on this forum that fall under the accepted definition of a Fudd. I don't recall mentioning anything whatsoever to do with you in my comment.
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marc1301 wrote:
    ruger41 wrote:

None of them are bothered by it, or commenting about it here, because they've already spent their time either wringing their hands in joy over it, or referring to anyone that owned them or supported the ownership of them "nutjobs", I believe was the term. Others went to the extent of expecting those that owned them or supported the ownership of them to sell all their worldly possessions to help fund the fight against the law that eventually passed, but wouldn't themselves, as expected.

Unfortunately, they've long-since shown their true colors, but some did take longer than others. That they finally showed their true selves was an inevitability that took something as looming as the ban to eventually show, and the precedent they set here falls directly in line and lockstep with the precedent the ban sets for future rulings.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Marc1301 wrote:
    ruger41 wrote:

that's where you're wrong, it's not that we're not bothered by it. It's just that we know there's nothing out there that is better than what we have now, we're just not chronic complainers like some that think that everybody but themselves needs to be perfect...

There's an old saying, either put up or shut up. So I challenge you to tell us who could have gotten the things that Trump has done, that has made America a better place to live in. Plus made every citizen in the United States happy. There's nobody that can do that... but I eagerly await your suggestion for the perfect candidate that has the power to appease every citizen in every respect in the United States like you think Trump should....
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was Hillary a better choice? Of course not. The only thing that might have been better about having her would be the gun community would have actually fought her over gun control tooth and nail unlike many have done with Trump. I personally wouldn?t have voted for her but makes little difference in the Blue State I?m in. Trump seems to get a free pass with any anti Constitutional thing he does or says just because he?s Trump. Makes no difference to your neck if it?s a left boot or right boot squeezing down. I find either equally despicable. You vote for who you want but I refuse to vote for someone actively supporting gun control. Lessor of two evils is still evil. You follow the Constitution(all of it)you get my vote, violate it and I have no use for you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ruger41 wrote:
    Was Hillary a better choice? Of course not. The only thing that might have been better about having her would be the gun community would have actually fought her over gun control tooth and nail unlike many have done with Trump. I personally wouldn?t have voted for her but makes little difference in the Blue State I?m in. Trump seems to get a free pass with any anti Constitutional thing he does or says just because he?s Trump. Makes no difference to your neck if it?s a left boot or right boot squeezing down. I find either equally despicable. You vote for who you want but I refuse to vote for someone actively supporting gun control. Lessor of two evils is still evil. You follow the Constitution(all of it)you get my vote, violate it and I have no use for you.

So what you trying to say is that you're not going to vote this next go-around.
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marc1301 wrote:
    Marc1301 wrote:

Anyone that has ever seen anything I post here would never even suggest such a thing,....that's just an asininely stupid statement/question.

It IS possible,...at least for me,...to be in favor of many things a politician does, and not in favor of others. The simple way of reading that is, I was 'specifically' referring to his second amendment stance. I am not happy with it,......get it?

Whether you like to admit it or not, there are a number of members on this forum that fall under the accepted definition of a Fudd. I don't recall mentioning anything whatsoever to do with you in my comment.

That's what it all boils down to, IMO, and you nailed it. It's just fine supporting him for the good he's done. That doesn't mean blindly, ignorantly, and feverishly supporting everything he does, regardless of what he does. Much like any other politician, he hasn't been and won't be perfect in everything he says and does, but I'm not so blind as to not be aware of it when it does happen and has happened.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    lt496lt496 Member Posts: 116
    edited November -1
    Hogwash. He talks about the promises a lot though.

For me, I am pleased with certain things he brings focus to, such as immigration, both legal and illegal, his taking on of the chi-coms, confronting and reversing some of the globalist trade schemes, scoffing at the climate change religion, imposing trade tariffs, etc...

However he has done the opposite of draining the swamp, rather, HE has added all manner of collectivist-creatures and HE has retained a healthy portion of communist Obama's appointees as well as Bush's neocon globalists.

Trump has not ceased the endless wars he said he would. He has even bombed the sovereign nation-state of Syria based upon a transparent false flag chemical 'attack'.

He has utterly failed to hold to account a massive number of individuals and their criminal actions. Zero accountability. Setting aside the players in the recent coup attempts which is likely to end up a cover-up, recent past textual criminality such as committed by Obama, Holder, Lynch, Lerner, Koskenin, the Clintons, the Clinton Foundation, Abbaden, Mills, Powers, Clapper, Brennon, Jarrett and so many others is given a pass. Literally jack-squat has been done and nothing will be done.

Currently we have Trump's own choice as FBI Director obfuscating and covering up for the utterly corrupt and lawless constitution-violating FBI. The same for the 'intel community'. Nothing is done.

Squat done on Uranium One.

Trump is doing little to forcefully thwart the deliberate cultural and demographic tera-forming of free sovereign western America that is illegal immigration and 'refugees'...aside from unfulfilled threats and blather to do stuff.

Trump has totally reversed course on the jobs for Americans related to imported immigrant workers. He has called for their increase.

He went full retard on the misnamed illegal alien 'dreamers' and offered up amnesty for them and literally millions of their relatives who he would make eligible to come further diminish this nation.

Exactly squat has been done about the openly criminal sanctuary city/county/state rebellion. This is a textual violation of US Code by the facilitators. Immigration issues/policy/law are textually a fed-gov duty. Contrast that with the textual 'prohibition' on govt infringing on individuals rkba and the system wide violation of these constitutional violations which are allowed unchecked.

This leads me to Trump's factual violation of his solemn oath to support and defend the Constitution, specifically his blatantly unconstitutional Trumpstock Ban via his orders and via regulatory fiat. He has openly called for and pushed unconstitutional Red-Flag Gun Confiscation laws and even stated; 'seize the guns first, due process later'. A violation of multiple BOR's Amendments. He is now discussing banning suppressors.

None of this should be any surprise. Trump is a New Yawk lifelong Democrat, a collectivist and a long time supporter of gun control, including an 'assault weapons' ban.

A man of honesty, clarity and principle must be able to view people, things and actions/inaction's as they are and have the integrity and fortitude to openly expose them and cut through the cult-of-person, the b.s., the diversion and the misdirection and excuse-making, lest we be utterly lost.
    "Freedom is not for the timid" III% BFYTW
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ruger41 wrote:

Here speaks a man of truth and integrity. A rare thing in the FUSA, aka 'new america"

Amen my Brother.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hillary broke countless laws as Secetary of State and made hidden millions. I can't imagine how crooked she would have been and how many TRILLIONS she would have left office with as POTUS. :twisted: [/
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Here is another exemplar of Trump keeping his promises.

Pfft...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/06/wth-trump-says-he-will-delay-deportations-of-illegals-aliens-for-two-weeks-at-the-request-of-democrats/

" At the request of Democrats, I have delayed the Illegal Immigration Removal Process (Deportation) for two weeks to see if the Democrats and Republicans can get together and work out a solution to the Asylum and Loophole problems at the Southern Border. If not, Deportations start! "

? Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 22, 2019

and...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/22/politics/ice-raids-sunday-10-cities-donald-trump-defends-arrests/index.html

"President Donald Trump announced Saturday that he's delaying for two weeks US Immigration and Customs Enforcement raids that were planned to take place Sunday in 10 major US cities, saying deportations will proceed unless Congress finds a solution on the US-Mexico border.
    The President's move follows criticism from the cities' mayors and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi among others.
    "
  • Options
    edited November -1
    lt496 wrote:
    Here is another exemplar of Trump keeping his promises.

Pfft...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/06/wth-trump-says-he-will-delay-deportations-of-illegals-aliens-for-two-weeks-at-the-request-of-democrats/

" At the request of Democrats, I have delayed the Illegal Immigration Removal Process (Deportation) for two weeks to see if the Democrats and Republicans can get together and work out a solution to the Asylum and Loophole problems at the Southern Border. If not, Deportations start! "

? Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 22, 2019

and...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/22/politics/ice-raids-sunday-10-cities-donald-trump-defends-arrests/index.html

"President Donald Trump announced Saturday that he's delaying for two weeks US Immigration and Customs Enforcement raids that were planned to take place Sunday in 10 major US cities, saying deportations will proceed unless Congress finds a solution on the US-Mexico border.
    The President's move follows criticism from the cities' mayors and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi among others.
    "
    I knew all that talk about deporting 'millions' was a bunch of BS. I didn't figure he would stop before even starting though.

His bite is becoming all bark quickly it seems.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    welllllll.......Ross Perot's GIANT sucking sound has changed somewhat from our money being vacuumed in by the DC leeches, to them just getting some gasps of air......GO TRUMP !!!
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,019 ******
    edited November -1
    Y'all play nice, OK?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For the naysayers, you must know that Trump is not a DICTATOR and is severely restricted what he can legally do as president.
    :o;):D

• Options
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    For the naysayers, you must know that Trump is not a DICTATOR and is severely restricted what he can legally do as president.
    Some of things he wanted to do have been stymied by the Democrats, some Republicans and/or legal procedures.
    :o;):D

• Options
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    [b]For the naysayers, you must know that Trump is not a DICTATOR and is severely restricted what he can legally do as president.
    Some of things he wanted to do have been stymied by the Democrats, some Republicans and/or legal procedures.

:o;):D [/b]

For me, I am pleased with certain things he brings focus to, such as immigration, both legal and illegal, his taking on of the chi-coms, confronting and reversing some of the globalist trade schemes, scoffing at the climate change religion, imposing trade tariffs, etc...

However he has done the opposite of draining the swamp, rather, HE has added all manner of collectivist-creatures and HE has retained a healthy portion of communist Obama's appointees as well as Bush's neocon globalists.

Trump has not ceased the endless wars he said he would. He has even bombed the sovereign nation-state of Syria based upon a transparent false flag chemical 'attack'.

He has utterly failed to hold to account a massive number of individuals and their criminal actions. Zero accountability. Setting aside the players in the recent coup attempts which is likely to end up a cover-up, recent past textual criminality such as committed by Obama, Holder, Lynch, Lerner, Koskenin, the Clintons, the Clinton Foundation, Abbaden, Mills, Powers, Clapper, Brennon, Jarrett and so many others is given a pass. Literally jack-squat has been done and nothing will be done.

Currently we have Trump's own choice as FBI Director obfuscating and covering up for the utterly corrupt and lawless constitution-violating FBI. The same for the 'intel community'. Nothing is done.

Trump is doing little to forcefully thwart the deliberate cultural and demographic tera-forming of free sovereign western America that is illegal immigration and 'refugees'...aside from unfulfilled threats and blather to do stuff.

Trump has totally reversed course on the jobs for Americans related to imported immigrant workers. He has called for their increase.

He went full retard on the misnamed illegal alien 'dreamers' and offered up amnesty for them and literally millions of their relatives who he would make eligible to come further diminish this nation.

Exactly squat has been done about the openly criminal sanctuary city/county/state rebellion. This is a textual violation of US Code by the facilitators. Immigration issues/policy/law are textually a fed-gov duty. Contrast that with the textual 'prohibition' on govt infringing on individuals rkba and the system wide violation of these constitutional violations which are allowed unchecked.

This leads me to Trump's factual violation of his solemn oath to support and defend the Constitution, specifically his blatantly unconstitutional Trumpstock Ban via his orders and via regulatory fiat. He has openly called for and pushed unconstitutional Red-Flag Gun Confiscation laws and even stated; 'seize the guns first, due process later'. A violation of multiple BOR's Amendments. He is now discussing banning suppressors.

None of this should be any surprise. Trump is a New Yawk lifelong Democrat, a collectivist and a long time supporter of gun control, including an 'assault weapons' ban.

A man of honesty, clarity and principle must be able to view people, things and actions/inaction's as they are and have the integrity and fortitude to openly expose them and cut through the cult-of-person, the b.s., the diversion and the misdirection and excuse-making, lest we be utterly lost.

So, reference the things listed in my quoted previous post, someone else made him not do these things and someone else made him do the other listed things.....got it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    lt496 wrote:
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    [b]For the naysayers, you must know that Trump is not a DICTATOR and is severely restricted what he can legally do as president.

:o;):D [/b]

So, reference the things listed in my quoted previous post, someone else made him not do these things and someone else made him do the other listed things.....got it.

:lol::lol: ONe of the: "You didn't build that, someone else built it" gang :?:

• Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A thought for those who believe Trump has not lived up to his campaign promises:

"When you are up to your neck in alligators, it is hard to remember your original intention was to drain the swamp"

;)

• Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Trump didn't do every thing "I" wanted!!"

Welcome to reality.
    The "all or nothing" crowd usually gets NOTHING.
    Ain't about you- It's about smashing the d-rat party and MAYBE saving the republic.
    Donny has the rats eating each other.
    Keep up the excellent work boss. :D