In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Truck ::::

Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
OK :

Im really jonesing for a different (NOT BRAND NEW) truck : I have a full size F150 4x4 reg. cab :

Im wanting ( not needing ) a Ranger Extended cab 4x4 :

Have found some local : some are really trashed ( no go ) and some way over priced ? Im gonna spend the next few days looking @ the others ?

Planning on paying cash : then selling my reg. cab truck after the fact :

Wish Me Luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks !!!
The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?

Comments

• Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck in post pictures when you get it
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see a lot of folks buying the smaller trucks trying to save gas, I had a toyota back in the early 80's and was burning a lot of wood, I got better mileage with the toyota but could only carry half as much so wasn't really saving anything. now I would just as soon have the bigger truck for comfort and the occasional time I do need to haul or pull trailer it is alot easier with a full size truck......
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******
    edited November -1
    Yeah, with the mileage the newer 1/2 ton trucks are getting, I don?t see the advantage of a smaller truck. I have a 94 Toyota 4x4 with the 22r four cylinder. Best it will get here in the mountains is 20mpg.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sold my little truck a few months ago. Cost of insurance and plates ate up the fuel savings I would get keeping it. I always look at safety too. When I drove it morons would crowd on the roads. Seems they know better in a large truck.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had some sort of pickup truck (Dodge, Ford & Chevy) for years...

Until I discovered its more comfortable traveling in an 4WD SUV (Toyota 4R)...

And much easier to load and unload a utility trailer when I need to haul something.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A fella I know here got one of the Dodge 1500's with the diesel engine and is getting 27 MPG with it. I guess we'll see how well it holds up...
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your insurance company will like the factor of only you driving and yet paying for two vehicles.

So will your state DMV.

When you add up the oil changes and other maintenance. It can add up. But boy toys are fun!
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just took my F-150 4WD into the Ford dealer for service. While there I looked at a new Ranger in the showroom. That thing is almost as big as my truck. The price was over $36K, and the fuel mileage was 22 MPG avg. My truck has been getting 21.4 ever since I bought it new 3.5 years ago. I have the twin turbo 2.7L that has more power than I'll ever need.

I just don't see the point of the Ranger. The old one was a lot smaller than the F series and got a lot better gas mileage too. :o :shock:
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 95' Ranger was great.

My 2000' Ranger sucked.

Your view may differ.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tried to go from a full size to a Toyota Tacoma...was told by a co-worker that I would hate it, and he was right...I tried to get used to the small interior but rubbing elbows with my wife on a road trip, feeling cramped sucked. Add into it that the Tacoma V6 gets horrible mileage, no better than the mileage of a V8 1/2 ton truck there didn't seem much point to going small, so i went back to a full size a year later. Now I'm back in a 3/4 ton....I just like having a heavier pick up truck.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's hoping that you find a great truck at a screaming deal!!!
    What's next?
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Havent done it yet ? But am going here soon to look @ another Ranger :

We shall see ?

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The body on my 98 Z-71 3 door is still great with basically no body rust, but does have some hail dents on top thanks to the Oklahoma weather. I am now at 215k miles and if I can keep the idiots off my bumper, I plan on putting another 200k on it.
    Either 5 of the last 6 or 6 of the last 7 vehicles I have owned, have been hit by someone else. I have gotten real tired of replacing vehicles because others can't drive. I think insurance should include pay for time spent to find a replacement vehicle. One vehicle I had several thousands in customization on it and they wouldn't cover it. We eventually went to court over it. Though I never recovered it, I am satisfied that they spent more on paying their attorney's than if they would have just paid it.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.