In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Annie Oakley has taken her first lesson

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Put up some targets and got out the Ruger Target .22 rifle. Wife asked if it kicked. She shot a 10 rd mag and just didn't quite take her time. Group was about the size of a peanut butter lid. Next 10 she put 9 of them almost in the same hole with one flyer. Not bad at 60 yd. Lesson 2 will be the AR .

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Careful this can be humbling. A few years ago I was sighting in a new scope on a AR so had a target at 50 yds and one at 100. After sighting in at 50 and then shooting a few groups at 100 I asked Judy if she wanted to try it. The only clean target was at 50 and she proceeded to make a 25 caliber hole with 5 shots of 223. She does things like this every once in a while to keep me in my place :D Bob
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get some "Deer" targets so she will know where to aim. Plus she will be used to shooting at a deer not a target.

Like these:

Birchwood Casey Eze-Scorer 23" x 35" Whitetail with shoot and see.
    51G0KId5ogL.jpg

They make an AR500 steel deer target too. Its not as big as a normal sized deer but it would be fun to shoot at and you could see and hear where you are hitting.
    RLTW