In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Paint removal on leather?

asopasop Member Posts: 8,919 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Drove one of my helpers to lunch awhile back and he had paint on this pants and shirt! Got on the truck leather seats. Any magic remover available ;) Thanks

Comments

• Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What kind of paint is it? Some paints will be harder to remove than others. But it should have been done right away. If it ever happens again take a damp rag are keep the area wet until you can get some solvent to remove it.

Today's leather seats are nothing but leather with a plastic topper on it. I would test an inconspicuous place to make sure that the color will not be removed, and then try some turpentine or other solvent until you find the right solvent to remove the paint and not remove the color of the plastic
  • Options
    varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i think you would be money ahead if you took it to an upholstery place, ideally one of those specializing in vehicles and asking them. im sure you are not the first person this has happened to.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it is enamel or acrylic, use either reducer or lacquer thinner. It will remove the paint but you may have to re dye and/or oil your leather.
    If latex, you can wash it off.
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might try peanut butter. The oil might loosen the paint and allow you to wipe it off.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,722 ******
    edited November -1
    Or maybe Taco Bell?s Diablo sauce.
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,919 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK-Ordered a can of "Citrol". Will let you know!