In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bill to Sue Sanctuary Cities

mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
edited July 2019 in Politics
New bill being made.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/9/bill-would-allow-victims-sue-sanctuary-cities/

"Senate Republicans announced new legislation Tuesday that would allow victims of illegal immigrant crimes to sue sanctuary cities for damages.
The bill, sponsored by Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina, would create a private right of action for the victims. And it would punish states or localities that try to hide behind sovereign immunity by withholding block grant money.
Mr. Tillis said the bill is a ?direct response? to moves by North Carolina authorities to refuse to cooperate with federal immigration authorities."

Call your congress critters and tell them you approve.

Comments

• Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a great idea.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Illinois, I have Dick and Tammy...They just tell me in a form letter that they disagree with me and will vote what's best in their mind. :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    seems a good idea to help keep those cities from getting free cake and eating it too
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anticipate a FLOOD of similar bills / presidential orders / indictments etc. "Popping up" the closer it gets to the election.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have trouble seeing a sanctuary city full of liberals and liberal judges awarding anybody anything against their chosen path...besides it will be hard to find a lawyer who is not tied up demanding full federal funds from DC while pizzing on federal rules and laws