In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AI is evolving faster than you think !

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in Politics
I would say it will be faster then you CAN think! :lol: A lot of people are going to bedazzle into acceptance of higher intelligence than man himself. Beware of what is greater than you as a species my fellow citizens. They may have a different idea of what is their dominion is.

serf

While the debate on morality & Ethics of Artificial Intelligence drags on, the capacity and capability of AI continue to grow exponentially

https://medium.com/futuresin/ai-is-evolving-faster-than-you-think-6c8244fa131e

Chip giant Intel has just unveiled new AI chips that can process data 1,000 times faster than the conventional chips. The project dubbed as Pohoiki Beach is a system that contains 64 of its Loihi AI processors ? set of neuromorphic chips which seek to imitate the brains with their learning ability & energy efficiency. Use cases of these chips include improved maneuvering of prosthetic limbs on uneven ground & creation of accurate digital maps for autonomous vehicles. The new hardware platform expects to produce a system capable of simulating 100 million neurons by the end of 2019.

And besides, companies like Google and Flickr & face-editing Apps like FaceTune have accumulated far bigger databases of photos without coming under any scrutiny. This is where the fear-mongering of the American Political machinery kicks in ? Any new technology which has a nativity to Russia or China these days tends to * them, as some Democratic members of the U.S Congress are now demanding an FBI investigation of the company. Similar hearings on the issues of Deepfakes have already been initiated.

supremacy, ascendancy, dominance, domination, superiority, predominance, preeminence, primacy, hegemony, authority, mastery, control, command, direction, power, sway, rule, government, jurisdiction, sovereignty, suzerainty, lordship, overlordship; leadership, influence;
the upper hand, the whip hand, the edge, advantage, hold, grasp;
archaicempire;
rarepredomination, paramountcy, prepotence, prepotency, prepollency

https://www.innovationtoronto.com/2019/07/squeezing-quantum-dots-could-accelerate-the-development-of-quantum-information-technologies-and-brain-inspired-computing/

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another reason to not be fully wi fi dependent. Computer and tablet is about it for me. No wi fi television, security system, thermostat, appliances, lights, etc... No alexa, echo or any of the voice activated eavesdroppers. I'm not paranoid just don't need those toys. If a malignant AI threatens then at least I'll still have cold beer cause he can't turn off my fridge. Bob
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BobJudy wrote:
    Another reason to not be fully wi fi dependent. Computer and tablet is about it for me. No wi fi television, security system, thermostat, appliances, lights, etc... No alexa, echo or any of the voice activated eavesdroppers. I'm not paranoid just don't need those toys. If a malignant AI threatens then at least I'll still have cold beer cause he can't turn off my fridge. Bob

You left out The smartphone which runs not on wi-fi but stills accomplish the same power with cell towers operating radio cells transmitters and receivers simultaneously or even only one signal transmitting without being activated by the user. I hope your tablet or computer does not have a microphone in them too! :lol: Only The NSA or CIA knows and I suspect there is a back door in all phones here in The USA and it's not Huawei either.

serf

https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1504/1504.05647.pdf

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2006/12/remotely_eavesd_1.html