In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Boris Johnson is prime minster with Hard Brexit in October

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in Politics
A Hard Brexit divorce is going to jolt the old Powers in money exchanges houses! I wonder if all those credit default swaps have been marginalized enough not to favor one over another! I doubt it! Gosh and October is a bad month for Black Swan's Mondays too for The US stock Markets!

Didn't Congress just raise our debt ceiling? Let see, more tax cuts and social welfare programs for Republicans and Democrats with a ultra low-interest rate who can complain except the stupid Taxpayers who vote for the two party system! Little chance of that happening before the collapse, however! Wake up you have been had.

serf

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion/article/3019020/why-no-deal-brexit-big-deal-britain-and-rest-world

Many economic relationships with the rest of the world will also be undermined, as these are underpinned by EU trade treaties. With October 31 fast approaching, only around a quarter of 40 planned post-Brexit trade agreements
have been signed.

https://www.isda.org/2019/07/17/brexit-faq-copy/
Currently, EU courts are bound to respect jurisdiction clauses in favour of another EU court on the basis of the Brussels I Recast Regulation.[16] In addition, there are two further instruments currently in force which deal with recognition of contractual choice of jurisdiction: (i) the Convention on jurisdiction and the recognition and enforcement of judgments in civil and commercial matters (the ?Lugano Convention 2007?), which deals with the position as between the EU member states and the other European Free Trade Association countries (Switzerland, Iceland and Norway) and (ii) the 2005 Hague Convention on Choice of Court Agreements (the ?2005 Hague Convention?), presently in force between the EU, Mexico, Montenegro and Singapore.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EU in brussels is just another money pit for useless beauracrats to get high pay, fancy suits, and overload all with nonsense paperwork ????
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    serf wrote:

Didn't Congress just raise our debt ceiling?

Unless I heard it wrong, the debt ceiling was suspended until after the election.
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    serf wrote:

Didn't Congress just raise our debt ceiling?

Unless I heard it wrong, the debt ceiling was suspended until after the election.

Have anyone seen the new way they raise the debt ceiling? Yep there is no ceiling anymore, congress just rubberstamps the required amount after the fact! Another way to hoodwink the taxpaying public ! Wake up! You have been had.

serf

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsandler/2019/07/22/what-congress-doing-when-it-suspends-the-debt-ceiling/#575c15f42065

What does suspending the debt ceiling mean? In the current deal, the debt ceiling would be suspended for two years. That means the government can borrow as much as it needs in order to pay off its current debts and obligations for two more years. After the suspension ends, the debt ceiling will automatically be raised to reflect how much was borrowed.

I am pleased to announce that a deal has been struck with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy - on a two-year Budget and Debt Ceiling, with no poison pills....
    ? Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 22, 2019