In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Heavy Metal, not just for kids anymore

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Now I know a lot if you are going to turn your noses to the air and proclaim to be good and proper people who would never attend such a show.

But Thursday night me and my lady went to see Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie in Billings and I was amazed at the age groups there. Sure there were kids, teenagers and up but there was a very large group of over 40, over 50 and even some I would bet was over 60. A ton os Soccer Moms trolling for boy toys (they were Cougars) and a lot of obvious Grandmas and Grandpas.

Now aside from the expected young girls dressed like Hollywood BLVD Hookers the Cougars were dressed the part as well. It was quite fun people watching before the show and glancing around the crowd during the show seeing these old folks rocking out.

Me, I had a hell of a good time, been a fan of those two since they became famous. I got drunk on $8.00 mixed drinks and woke up with ringing ears and a headache. And yes, we were responsible, we moteled it after the show in Billings and my sober lady drove us there after the show.

And my favorite part was finally getting to see Rob Zombies guitar player in action, John 5. Watching him play was awsome and he is one of the few that still enjoys touring and still has fun on stage.

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll bet that was a good show.

John 5 can play thats for sure.

I am not much of a Manson fan but I would have gone to see Rob.
    RLTW

• Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    back in the day I don't think I remember seeing anyone over 35 at a concert. and I thought that was old! most were late 20's at the oldest. IIRC
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    back in the day I don't think I remember seeing anyone over 35 at a concert. and I thought that was old! most were late 20's at the oldest. IIRC

Back in the day I don't remember anyone over 35 or under 35 at the shows in fact I don't know for sure if I was there except for the ticket stubs I found in my pocket a couple of days later. :D
  • Options
    llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Introduced my 15 year old son to it last week ;)
    A70-9285
  • Options
    castingcasting Member Posts: 110
    edited November -1
    I remember seeing various older couples and mixed groups of people at a Grateful Dead concert in 1974 or so at the civic arena in Pgh. I guessed they had access to free tickets. Maybe in your case there isn't that many acts coming there and folks can't be choosy about what shows they see. I have 2 sons in Hawaii. There are very few big name acts that go there. Not like on the mainland.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That sounds like a great show!

My wife just bought us tickets to see Bad Wolves, 3 Days Grace, & Five Finger Death Punch in December. I'm pretty excited for that one.

Jon
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That sounds like a great show!

My wife just bought us tickets to see Bad Wolves, 3 Days Grace, & Five Finger Death Punch in December. I'm pretty excited for that one.

Jon

We saw FFDP, Breaking Benjamin, Bad Wolves and Ashes To New all in one show last Nov. It was a good show, my only complaint was being in the pit for 5-6 hours. Bad Wolves wasn?t bad at all and FFDP was pretty good. Ashes to New was more like a Linken Park tribute band, Breaking Benjamin was OK and FFDP was good. Ivan likes to herd up kids and bring them on stage for a song, people had all sorts of little kids there just so they could go on stage with the band.