In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

if you use a magnifying glass

Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
I bought a Satechi 5X lighted unit that is the best I have used. I have a bag full of them and some work ok but this thing is sooooo much better. Round disk 3.5" by 1.75 tall it's a smooth aluminum body with three led lights shining down on the work surface. Just the right brightness and smooth finish so it won't scratch your work. If you look at as many guns as I do especially looking for every marking on military stuff you should get one of these. Around $25.00.

Comments

• Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks I will try to get me one of them ordered
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use the glass piece off a scope. bought it at a gun show 20 years ago for 2 bucks. :)
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,703 ******
    edited November -1
    You are nothing if not thrifty.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,413 ******
    edited November -1
    I have one in my shop over my bench that has a good working retractable holder that actually stays where you set it.

I just have to be very prudent about putting a cover over the glass magnifier when I am done using it. Something I forgot to do once and found a burn hole on my benchtop where the sun came in through the window and..... :o
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use the glass piece off a scope. bought it at a gun show 20 years ago for 2 bucks. :)

Used the same thing when viewing diamonds, jewelry, gemstones.

:)
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an "Eschenbach" 10X38D/40 with an led lite. Really a fine instrument. Wasn't cheap however!
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been wanting to get a decent sized, heavy base version with lighting. Something that could sit on the desk but have enough heft it doesn't want to fall over when I adjust it. I do reloading and fly tying and the latter especially is getting hard for me to do. My grandpa used to have a floor standing model that had a couple of lenses so you could use the various magnifications individually, or stack them for more power.

Does anyone have any suggestions for bench stand model?
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does anyone have any suggestions for bench stand model?

take the glass piece from a scope, and glue it to a work light