In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wow what a job!

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
I just assembled my new smoker and I must say it looks good but I have rebuilt a Chevy 283 with less hassle.

Now to season it. I think I will be smoking a boston butt by Monday!
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,413 ******
    edited November -1
    What kind of smoker Sam? Did the directions follow the Chinese\English methodology? :lol: Those usually end up with a few parts left over!
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,065 ******
    edited November -1
    the effort you put into will soon be very worth it. Good job,enjoy,Sam.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Its a Masterbuilt model MPS230.

Like this one:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Masterbuilt-MPS-230S-Propane-Smoker-MB20051311/304339119?cm_mmc=Shopping|G|Base|D28I|28-22_BBQ+GRILL|NA|PLA|General|Fixed|71700000041074675|58700004918395942|92700042616596942&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyOP55KbY4wIVCp6fCh0OwgsCEAQYASABEgKUZvD_BwE

My last one was a Cajun Injector that was just about the same and it lasted 10 years.

I plan on smoking a Boston Butt for BBQ a rack of ribs and 2 chickens(for chicken salad) Smoked chicken salad is really really good ;)

I am not sure where its made but the instructions are in American, Mexican and Frog.
    RLTW

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,413 ******
    edited November -1
    I am not sure where its made but the instructions are in American, Mexican and Frog.

My last put together project had over 10 different language directions. One, I'm pretty sure was Klingon!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Man it got hot fast. I know its empty and I am just running it to season it and get rid of all the funky chinese chemicals(Or wherever they come from)but it warmed up to 350 fast on Med temp quick.

I think it will do well once meat is in it.

I like the propane smokers because they are easy to set the temp on.

I have a straight up wood only smoker I made, its works well but its big and kind of a PITA to work especially maintaining the right temps, you have to be on it all the time. These propane smokers are almost set it and forget it.

I have apple and pecan in it right now seasoning it.
    RLTW

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one like it and it makes my butt look good! Don
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dcon12 wrote:
    I have one like it and it makes my butt look good! Don

Don - Ain't going there. way to easy.

Sam - Real men don't read instructions and have a bushel basket of leftover parts to prove it. Bob
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "I think I will be smoking a Boston butt by Monday!"

I spent a week on business in Boston back in the 70's. Lots of butts need roasting there.
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive been using an electric Cookshack made in Ponca OK for the last 15 years. Still like the day I bought it for about 1000 bucks, except for the smoke residual. Smoke cooking is a great way to prepare meals. Whole chickens are one of my favorites. Nice looking rig, should do anything mine will do and probably better.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When our youngest son was about 5 or 6 my dad bought him a combination monkey bars, swing set, with gym type rings and a slide etc. That thing had a bag of bolts and nuts and parts that filled up a 5 gallon bucket. Plus it had to be concreted in the ground.

After that I started buying my mom stuff for her birthday and Christmas that needed a lot of assembly which I knew dad would have to do. :D
  • Options
    FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Haha! I would gladly have traded spots with you. Here is what I got to put together today......

374836_ebcd104b6f41563a3029357923d86f89.jpg
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not the job I was imagining. I was thinking maybe you found/saw a paying job of duct taping neither regions of folks in drag shows.

Kind a waiting on instructions in emojis. Going back to Hieroglyphics or pictograms. Who needs to read?
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JimmyJack wrote:
    Ive been using an electric Cookshack made in Ponca OK for the last 15 years. Still like the day I bought it for about 1000 bucks, except for the smoke residual. Smoke cooking is a great way to prepare meals. Whole chickens are one of my favorites. Nice looking rig, should do anything mine will do and probably better.

They still make great product there. http://www.cookshack.com/
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    JimmyJack wrote:

Those are nice.
    RLTW