In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

To their own shore came the world war.

35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,260 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not been in a war. But I have flown quite a bit in my own home made airplanes, and hang glider.
    I often imagine, had I been 22 years old in 1943, I would have joined the Army Air Corps. To have flown a P 51 in combat over Europe, Good God. I would have moved heaven and earth to get in that Mustang.
    As they said, "We live in fame, go down in flame..." Sure, you might have gotten killed but at least, you got your name in the paper.

I could have seen myself working a machine gun in WW1.

But, God Forbid, don't put me in a submarine! I get claustrophobic just looking at these battle scenes. Thank God at age 22 I was 6-3 and 195, too big for the submarine. I couldn't even have left the port in that damn thing they would have put me in the military looney bin first.

Those guys, whether Krauts or Americans, who served in submarine duty, especially in WW1, were some real bad *.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Video says unavailable when I tried to play it.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I subscribe to this YouTube channel and have the whole album bookmarked - I think he is up to 12 - 13 songs at this point...

Also the logo he has co-opted - the troops that look like Nazi imperial star troopers wearing respirators - is from a well done Japanese animation series about Wolf squadron that is a favorite of mine...

His content has been pulled from various social media platforms several times and being affiliated with or promoting Aryan power groups or white supremacists or skinheads or various Nazi party or SS wannabee movements...

This time around he has done videos that center on American and Finnish and Japanese units as well as the German imperial military or third Reich military...

His content is fascinating but also a little edgy and dangerous.

Mike
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mike, I didn't know about the other stuff outside of the Sabaton videos. They seem to cover just about everything military-related, from what I've seen so far, and only started listening to them in the last six months or so. One of my favorites so far is the song and video on the Bismarck. Lots of CGI pulled from World of Warships trailers, but it looks decent enough.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LckMoiO5jLE[/media]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I actually like the album and the content...

As noted I subscribe to the site and have it bookmarked...

Apparently so Aryan / Nazi groups were playing some of the stuff - and making comments or posting content online that was frowned upon.

Their song covering the battle of the bulge heavily features general mccallif and his "nuts" response.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxJrBLPnyUIt6K33m9ZcsqA

Here is the link to the site that features the new album - you can play all the songs in order or pick and choose single pieces

Jin roh Wolf brigade English dub anime is worth the watch as well.

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1