In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shooting

La45La45 Member Posts: 6
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
3 dead 12 wounded

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,609 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/gilroy-garlic-festival-california-shooting-reported

from the link
    Gunfire erupted at Northern California?s Gilroy Garlic Festival Sunday, sending the crowd into a panic, with reports of festivalgoers throwing tables and cutting fences to get out of harm?s way.

The San Francisco Field Division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives was responding to the scene, officials said. A local council member told Fox News that there were three fatalities and about a dozen injured. Law enforcement did not confirm those numbers.

The scene is still considered active. Police were searching for more than one suspect, The Wall Street Journal reported.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers for the victims.

Having said that, the gun hating DEMOCRATs are already politicizing the tragedy. CA has some of the most restrictive gun laws. Wonder if things would have been different if there were people with CC permits around. CA is a may issue state.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    chiefr wrote:
    CA is a may issue state.

From what I have read in the past, you have to be famous or well heeled to get one. I remember reading a story of a woman in CA that had a restraining order against a former partner (husband or boyfriend, I can't remember). She was denied a permit. He later got to her and I can't remember if he 'just' put her in the hospital, or killed her.

Yet, the who's who of CA along with many of the judges there have one. Many of those same people also have security details. Here's on the judges:
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just read where it was a white guy in camo with a AR style rifle.
    RLTW

• Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never die from a lack of shooting-back.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    garlic festival??? never knew garlic and fruitcakes went together, only in california..............
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    morning news had 3 dead , one a 6year old and about a dozen or so wounded...said one perp was killed by cops within one minute of him start shooting...searching for #2 perp....said they cut fence in backside wooded rough area and came in to concert area ????? see later if this is accurate account...
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No kidding? The Garlic Festival had a shooting? Gilroy's kind a rough but tech folks moved in and bought out and edged out some bad elements. Kind a amazed it took this long for one since gang bangers abound.

Ooooh a second shooter. Our very own "Grassy Knoll Dude".

Bought the gun in Nevada. AK like and a "witness" claimed to have seen dude swap out a clip and went on shooting. I wonder what the "gun" was?

Nevada's gonna take another hit. Curious. I can go to Nevada and buy a long gun as cash and carry? I'm wondering if the shooter had a Nevada ID?

More ammo for the governor of California.