In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

theives around the world

buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
at work I asked the Man from Bulgaria what they do to thieves. what do they do to someone who breaks into your house and steals all your stuff. he said they do nothing. you can call police, but they will show up, say "the thief isn't here" and leave. if they catch him with the stuff, you can get it back, but they aren't going to do anything to him other than maybe 24 hours in jail. he also said that if you get in a fight with a thief/burglar/robber, you can't use more weapon than he has or you go to jail. like, if you have a bigger knife than him, or he has a knife and you have a gun, etc. if someone assaults you the police aren't going to do anything. said it's horrible, criminals rape, rob and kill old people all the time.

so I asked the other guy from India. what do they do to someone who breaks into your house and steals all your stuff? he looked surprised. for the government to spend time and money on something like that? no, they won't do anything. I asked him well what happens when you find out who has your stuff? he said you can go beat him up. if you are popular a lot of people might join you, if you aren't popular you can do it by yourself. if he wants to bring it to the attention of the "authorities" (after the beating) the less money he makes the less they believe whatever he has to say. the more money you make, the more they believe you. I thought that was kind of sucky. lots of room for lies and corruption there.

I had to explain to him that here in the U.S. you call the police, they assign a detective, they might (probably won't) find your stolen stuff, but nothnig says the person with your stolen stuff is the one who actually stole it so you only get it back. if they catch the thief he has to go through a trial, and might go to jail for a short time. the government does it all.

I know that in Muslim countries they chop off a thief's hand. but how does this get from point A to point B I don't know. you simply find your stuff and whoever has it, they come and grab him?

so what else is there.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    making theft a capital crime would drop the recitivism rate dramatically...and quickly benefit society
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1

I know that in Muslim countries they chop off a thief's hand. but how does this get from point A to point B I don't know. you simply find your stuff and whoever has it, they come and grab him?

so what else is there.

Then nearly all politicians would not have any hands :shock:

:lol::lol::lol:
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock: