In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Stud Finders??

Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Has anyone ever found a brand of stud finders that actually work consistently?

I can find studs with my knuckle tapping on the sheet rock better than I can with any of the stud finders that I've bought over the years.

I got to looking yesterday when I was hanging some stuff for my wife and I have 4 different brands that I've bought in the past and not a one of them is worth the plastic they're made out of.

I have a Sears brand, a Zircon, a Black & Decker and one made by Stanley. The Black & Decker at least has a laser level that works but it's never found a stud consistently in it's life. It will show a stud in one place and you can go back over it and it'll show it some where else just like the other brands. Or it'll show the whole wall as one big stud.

I looked on Amazon and it's like looking for dehumidifiers, there's not a brand made that they sell that doesn't have a bunch of bad reviews. You look on google and they show some videos of the top 10 brands and they're the same ones that's on Amazon with a bunch of bad reviews.

Wk2XJoV.jpg

Comments