In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Im Getting A Dog Problem

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
My wife and i have 2 dogs. Bear is a 110 pound Mastiff/Shepherd mix. Daisy is a 55 pound lab/pitt mix.

Daisy sleeps right beside me and uses my leg as a pillow at night time. I spend 99% of my time in my bedroom watching tv, reading or at my desk on my laptop. Daisy will be laying on the bed and if anyone even my wife walks in the bedroom she barks and acts stupid.

My wife and i kiss everyday and when we do Daisy will try and get between us so we can not kiss. At first it was cute. Now she is barking rather aggressively then Bear will jump in and put Daisy in her place.

The dog is getting more and more jealous.

Any ideas on what to do. Speaking harshly does not work. We have tried that.

Comments

• Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our Lab does that (not aggressively though) he doesn't want me messing with his mama, we embrace it and just invite him to come over and he comes over and plants himself squarely between the two of us then he's good ................. just wants to be part of everything.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

My black lab (pup) -(apx. 10 mths old) is the same way ! My former female black lab was really jealous and very protective ???

I think its just a natural thing for them ? No idea what to do about it ???

Good Luck !

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?